HeartBoard

Hi, my name is Gavin. I'm 32 and have suffered with chest pain since i was 19. I have had many many tests done and no official diagnosis has been made. My initial test resulted in costochondritis. I mainly get the pain in my heart the day after drinking and it usually lasts about 2 days. The night time is the worst as i'm unable to sleep and keep getting shortage of breath. I sometimes (when I do eventually fall asleep) wake up gasping for air. When I get the pain I feel like I have to hold my chest, its a weird sensation to explain. I don't get pains in my left arm just in the heart area. I barely drink now coz its not worth it, maybe have one light beer a week and anything more I suffer the next day with the pain. I would love to hear if someone has a similar issue and what you do to control it.

Thanks

Welcome to Heartboard Boombox. Our good friends at the Mayo Clinic supply us with info when needed. You can read this and we can double-check some things if you still have a question.

http://www.mayoclini...ndritis/DS00626

• Like 1

Gavin, I'm reading between the lines of your post, but I wonder if you are suffering from sleep apnea. I've not had the problem, but have lost two friends to this problem. Gasping for air after waking up is a huge suggestion of this condition. I'd strongly suggest you ask for a sleep study.

• Like 1