HeartBoard

Is A World Economic Disaster At Hand?

Does anyone have any speculation on what is going to happen if our economy collapses? :action-smiley-077: And how it is going to affect the rest of the globe?

If there is truth to the say that when the US sneezes the world catches the cold, then look out. I don't know just how much worse it can get in the US but if the government has any sense it won't be like the early 30s. We didn't get out of that one until WWII started. We are fighting two wars now but things are getting worse so that won't work again. We just don't seem to have the brain power in our government to overcome greed and get things back on track.

Isn't it amazing though about not having the brain power? If you were President Gilbert, couldn't be just as simple as you picking up the phone and getting the Albert Einstein's of economic's from wherever on the planet with no political agenda whatsoever and coming up with the solution? And as far as the greed goes, good grief, some of those people stay up all night trying to figure out how to get more. I think it will bring those people bad karma in the end.

We need Gordon to fill us in on the chaos in London and what he thinks also. :signs007[1]:

Yes Jerry, I would very much like to hear what Gordon has to saw about things across the pond.

S & P downgraded the US government, in my opinion, because the executive and legislative leaders couldn't control a few rogue third party candidates that didn't understand we have to pay our bills. We got a wedgie, but the world, not just USA citizens, flocked to buy the bonds that were just devalued. It proved that that the United States remains far more powerful than a stinkin' financial group.

I throttled up my investment percentage today, I'm very encouraged. It's going to be rocky for awhile until Europe gets there credit problems resolved, and I think a lot depends on the group designated to come up with a compromise to come up with a balanced budget in December in this country. I'm very encouraged that neither the Democrats or Republicans have named any loose cannons and bet a compromise can be reached. The Wedgie probably helped that decision to keep third party goofballs off the committee.

Sometimes we look at things too darkly... I'm the chair of a scholarship committee for a local hospital and today we mailed checks to medical schools exceeding six figures for 65 deserving medical students doing undergraduate, graduate and professional studies. We work hard with fundraisers, and many, many volunteers give their time to help. The volunteers are people who want to be part of the success of the country. Volunteering works.

I'm simply hoping that the COLA will finally go up this year for Social Security and Veterans' Compensation. Those incomes have been the same for three years straight. I have heard rumors that SS will be going up but that Medicare will also go up so the increase will be a wash.

Denise