HeartBoard

Bypass surgery appears successful

LOL, Nurse Diesel, that is pretty funny :signs007[1]: . Glad you could cough some things up or have a good cough at all for that matter. Is the sneeze still on lockdown? Happy 4th backatcha :common076[1]:

Hi, Fly. We are still awaiting an update if you feel up to it... Hope you are 'on the mend' and feeling more up to snuff now! Take your time, ok?

jan

Hi, Fly. We are still awaiting an update if you feel up to it...? Hope your strength is gradually returning. Take it easy, ok?

jan

Islandmamma, I'm finer than frog hair. Well, I'm doing OK. The wounds are healing nicely, I've started rehab.

I had trouble with AFib after the surgery, but I was told that is not uncommon. I also was paranoid for the first twenty four hours. They told me I needed to walk the hall the day after the surgery, and also told me I couldn't drink much water as I had gained almost 30 pounds of fluid. I was convinced a car would run me down in the hall, and I tried to get out of the bed to start saving water, the water vessel of choice was a urine collector I found in the bathroom. My bed was belled so I was busted immediately. I came to my senses soon afterwards.

The most important result, i have no more angina. I've started rehab, and am walking about 40 minutes a day on level ground around the neighborhood. According to the doctors, I'm ahead of the curve in recovery. I'm having some trouble with a fast heartbeat but that is an adjustment of beta blockers.

I've lost all the water weight, the scars are dramatic but I healed well. My wife tells me I look like I lost a knife fight at the country dance hall where we sparked fifty years ago. After bypass surgery, a procedure for a bowel obstruction and also a surgery for GERD, I'm a sight when I take off my shirt!

Thanks for the concern

Well, I've never heard of a frog's hair but I've been wondering about you too and it's great to hear how well you're doing.

Being angina free must feel just wonderful, I'm so happy that you are on the upswing now! :) I hope your arrhythmias get under control.

Continued great recovery,

Denise

LOL, "finer than a frog's hair"....sure like that expression and it is new to me too :D

And Lady Denise? How fare ye, fine maid?

Me? My house is up for sale and my life is in chaos lol so not much is new here.

Does anyone else find it a little odd that, with our health risks, we all seem to be still alive and kicking after all these years?

jan

Jan, you've got a good point! B) Lol, I'm alive but not doing much kicking.

I hope things get settled with you and you are soon in a "good space", sorry about all the calamity in your life right now.

Denise

Jan, it's looks like the heartboard is doing it's job of providing support and we're just doing a good job of keeping one another going strong.

We just need to keep petting frogs. Do you notice when petting frogs, how smooth they feel? Frog hais mighty fine.

I think we are losing the great expressions our grandparents taught us. I was told about frog hair, as well was being busier than a one legged man in butt kicking contest. My grandmother was full of expressions, I lived with her during WW2 as a child, and once when I didn't do my chores, which involved bringing water to the stock in the barn from the well, I was told I was as 'worthless as a @@@@ on a boar'. It took an explanation but I understand the concept, and I picked up the pace! God Bless her memory

What expressions do you all remember?

We just need to keep petting frogs. Do you notice when petting frogs, how smooth they feel? Frog hais mighty fine.

I think we are losing the great expressions our grandparents taught us. I was told about frog hair, as well was being busier than a one legged man in butt kicking contest. My grandmother was full of expressions, I lived with her during WW2 as a child, and once when I didn't do my chores, which involved bringing water to the stock in the barn from the well, I was told I was as 'worthless as a @@@@ on a boar'. It took an explanation but I understand the concept, and I picked up the pace! God Bless her memory

What expressions do you all remember?

I've seen a lot of misquoted old saying such as a tough "road" to hoe instead of row. If you have ever walked beans in August you know about tough rows to hoe. I remember gramps saying someone was lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut. I would say that frog hair is fine enough to go over with a fine tooth comb.

I think I remember some expressions about cold as well, something about the temperature of the colon of a well digger. You are right, so many of the expressions can't be posted.

After my bypass surgery, I was sort of selective of friends and family who could visit. I may be alone on this, but after surgery, I was tired, and found friends and family who felt it necessary to visit a long time became tiresome. Those who quotes scripture became more than tiresome. I gave my daughter a list of family who I would like to see, but needed to make their visits short, and labeled them what my uncle called, those folks who 'talked faster than a goose *****.'

As a child I figured I'd always be saved first in a ship wreck because of the saying "women and children first", My father however countered it with "every man for himself".

Visits by well meaning people can be very tiring. Some talk a mile a minute and expect you to keep up with them, others just sit there and stare morosely and it makes you feel like you have to keep up some sort of conversation.

I prefer the quick stop bys to just say "hi, I'm thinking about you - is there anything I can get for you or do?".