HeartBoard
Sign in to follow this  
gschmitt

Hospital food believe it or not

I have to admit the food served to the patients at St. Mary's Hospital in Evansville ranges from acceptable to decent. Out the triple D rating (diners, drive-in, dives) I would rate it as a dump. Now talk about night and day!

After an appointment with my cardio-ep, the heart center is in the hospital, it was close to lunch and I was getting low on blood sugar and could feel it. Adele suggested we go to the hospital cafeteria for lunch and I agreed not knowing what to expect but she has eaten there several times. I must say the food there was terrific and I would go there to eat any time. I would give that place four stars only because it's just open a few hours for each meal. There are several food stations where you can choose what you want and a variety to satisfy anyone including a SubWay shop. And two full meals and drinks for a total of $13.00 can't be beat.

That's quite an endorsement, coming from you and Adele!

I have to say that the food here at University of Washington Medical Center is pretty good too. Plus, when Bob was in for his monthly day long infusion, he said that they're "fancying up" their presentation and menu too!

Denise