HeartBoard
noxcuse

Thoughts and Prayers for our friend Joe

Hope and pray things go absolutely smooth and perfect with EP study and ICD implant if needed Joe. Please check in, when you get back in the house. We got your back. :common076[1]:

Yes, Joe has been in my prayers...especially today as he has his procedure(s). Hopefully we'll be hearing from him soon.

Denise

I'm curious what they found out during the EP study. Plus having an ICD put in will slow him down (keep that arm down Joe). Some doctors prefer to keep the patient overnight after an EP study. We'll see what happened soon, I hope.

Not sure yet, but was told earlier he was done out of surgery and in recovery. And that things were ok at that point. If anyone messages me and fills me in more I will let you all know. I know he and his family/friends appreciate the support.

My ICD was done in the cath lab. I was mostly awake and under a local until the time the doc wanted to test the device to see if the defibrillator worked then I was put under for a couple of minutes. I've heard that some docs will do this test with the patient awake though. There was an overnight after the operation and then home the next afternoon. Hopefully Joe won't have to stay any longer.

The only restrictions I had was raising my left arm above my head for a few weeks and a weight limit on what I could pick up.

My ICD was done in the cath lab. I was mostly awake and under a local until the time the doc wanted to test the device to see if the defibrillator worked then I was put under for a couple of minutes. I've heard that some docs will do this test with the patient awake though. There was an overnight after the operation and then home the next afternoon. Hopefully Joe won't have to stay any longer.

The only restrictions I had was raising my left arm above my head for a few weeks and a weight limit on what I could pick up.

I am so happy to see that I have so many good friends.. Thank you all and God Bless you. I am home and just a little sore, but otherwise doing well.

Joe,

It is so good to hear that you are out of the hospital and back home again. I hope everything went well and wish you a very speedy recovery.

Rest up, the holidays are coming soon!

Denise