HeartBoard
Sign in to follow this  
Denisefh

How Arrhythmias feel - by how they look.

I'm copying and pasting below a post from Ireneo which was originally placed in another forum but I think belongs here.

It has a link to a youtube site that has a visual demonstration of arrhythmias. It's a great visual for those who don't have arrhythmias, to show how they feel to those of us who do have them. While the movements may seem exaggerated and funny, they actually depict the feeling of what goes on in our chests when our hearts whack out.

Enjoy and learn!

Denise

I saw this over on another board and it is hysterical. The funny part is, it's also well done. This doctor (?) shows the various arrhythmias with his body. The arms are the atria and the legs are the ventricles. PVC's are funny but when he gets into the Wenckebach or PVC/v-tach/v-fib/defib, it's great. As silly as it seems, it's a fantastic teaching tool for those of us who are more visually oriented. Hope it makes you smile.

‘Living Arrhythmias’ [recorded by Dr John C Grammar MD FACC with Bigeminal productions in 1980] soundless recording

• Like 1

BTW, there is abunch of stuff like this over at You Tube. If any of you run across this stuff you are more than welcome to post it :common076[1]:

Well I just finally watched this. It is both informative and entertaining. Thanks for sharing Irene and Denise. I wonder how old that is... It is a good way to learn. I did not hear any sound... tell me there is not supposed to be sound. That could be too much.

I encourage others to watch this.

Thanks for sharing this video. My mom was just in surgery yesterday for an Arrhythmia issue, and I couldn't really understand what the problem was very well. This video really helped me understand what was going on. Thanks again!

Chester,

Yes, it's great for letting someone (who doesn't have to deal with these) get a bit of a feeling for how awful arrhythmias can be. My husband was surprised when I showed it to him, he said he'd had no idea I had to go through feeling like that.

I hope your mother is doing well in her recovery from the surgery, and that her arrhythmia problem does better.

All my best,

Denise

There are alot of kinds of arrythmia, and they look very different. Denise, are you trying to pin down what arrythmia you have, help other people figure out what they have, or what?

You Tube has entire online courses for EMTs on telling the different arrhythmias apart, but unless you have something extremely distinctive, like paroxysmal tachycardia, or atrial fibrillation, or maybe SVTs, that won't help you without access to monitoring equipment.

Hi villandra! I have had A Flutter, SVT, PSVT, A Fib, PVCs, PACs, and probably some others. I posted this video to help those who DON'T experience these (the lucky ones) be able to get a glimpse of how awful they feel to those of us who do.

I've had two open heart surgeries, which were surgeries actually within the heart itself, and they are targeted as the cause of my electrical woes. I've had an ablation, then Sick Sinus Syndrome, and now have a pacemaker. I still have lots of arrhythmias still going on.

Welcome here!

Denise

'