HeartBoard

Good Morning or Good Day

Yippie, I've finally got back in! Was patiently waiting cause I knew there was going to be some revamping done but finally decided it seemed to be taking longer than it should have and emailed Jerry. Sure glad I did cause I would've never got back in using the same old bookmark I had!

Whew, sure have a lot of catching up to do I see! Looks like a lot of neat new gadjets to check out too! OK, time to catch up now! Sure missed you all! Hugs, Pat :wub:

Woohoo, I don't have to manually code the text color anymore! :)

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good Day all!

Good morning to all, when March arrives it will be 10 years since the inception or conception of Heart board. If I remember correctly it began back in March 2004 as the brain child of Jerry and Ford w

Yes, as a matter of fact, it is. We have sunshine, I made some wonderful soup and cornbread for dinner, I have energy and feel good today.

Posted Images

Welcome back Patoola. Why does it seem so long since I've seen your name? Maybe my brain is on vacation or just mildewed from the long winter we've had. Anyway, glad to see your happy posts. I have no idea how to use the goodies here but I'll try. Hugs. I'm pushing buttons but all I see are words for tricks. Wonder if they'll work when I post?

Well, I did preview and it's still all words and stuff. :wacko:

Pat,

It's great to see you back! I thought I'd emailed you when the board link had changed...I sent something to everyone I could think of whose email addy I had. Maybe yours has changed since I put it in my addy book. Sorry you had troubles.

Irene,

Your post looks very interesting, lol. Okay, I guess I should take the plunge and try some of the interestinggoodies too. Oh yay!!! I just found spell check!!! That should help a lot. :signs007[1]:

By the way, there's a box below where we reply that says "Toggle Side Panel" that will take off or put on the section to the left of the post. I hit it just to check it out and was very pleased to find the posts are now centered so I don't have to side scroll.

Denise

p.s. Okay, Pat, how did you manage to get color? My attempt is a mess!

Hi Patoola!! Thank Heavens you are persistent! have missed you (as well as your computer guru know-how LOL!!).

Denise, do you never sleep, Girl?

Everyone have a good day. I have lunch out with a friend and then my miniatures club meeting. Jeeze, I am starting to sound like a retired person already LOL!!

jan

Hi Terry and a happy Wednesday to you too. How are things in your neck of the woods?

I am off for a walk with one dog and a friend this morning and then lunch out. This afternoon, I see the doc for the dreaded blood test review LOL...wish me luck!

It is still looking like fall out there...:(

Please send excess sun northwest, OK?

jan

Terry,

Happy middle of the week to you too!!! :)

I hope Tyler is feeling better, and wish him luck on his test (is it the 2nd of July?).

Jan,

We had some sunshine yesterday but it wasn't extra...what the heck, I'd share it with you anyway.

Good luck on your lab work results!

Denise

In today's paper it mentioned that sunspot activity is way down. This is the time when they should be most active but nothing's happening. Scientists don't think it means that we're having a "Maunder Minimum". That happened back in the 17th century. There were no sunspots for 50 years and it resulted in what was called the Little Ice Age. Brrrr.

PS I'm trying to observe the whole b or /b business. I typed between the note and the [/size note]. But adding a color just went to the end of it all. So I did a cut/paste to stick the color word at the beginning. Geez, this is more complicated than highlight and change. Plus preview doesn't show any of it so I won't know if it works till I post it all.

Don't know if it will help Irene, but ANYTHING in brackets that does not have the slash goes before the text area and anything that has the slash / in the bracket area has to be at the end of the text. Think of the slash as the hand that closes the door to whatever feature is opened to apply to the text. Like [ b ] (extra spaces so the code shows) opens the door to the bold feature and [ /b ] closes that door after your text is typed in. Hope this helps

So my question is - do I choose the font, size and color before I do the message? When I do that, the show up together like this. Plus size and color follow directly after. That means I have to separate all the bits and pieces. On my computer, I just type what I want, highlight and then play around with fonts, sizes and colors. I can change them as many times as I want. When I'm satisfied, then I click near the message to get rid of the highlighting and I'm done.

HAH! Pat's right, this works better than highlighting (as long as this post turns out right, lol).

I won't go into all the different ways I've tried of doing this before, but I just chanced on the easiest way if you want a combo...say color, size and font.

I'm using { instead of [ for this example. What you do is first pick your font. Then put your cursor between {font} and {/font} and then choose size and put your cursor before the {/} ones, then pick the color. Then put your cursor before all the / ones and type.

Gosh, this sounds confusing. Bottom line is {font="book Antiqua"}{sizw="4"}{color="#4169E1} put your cursor after that stuff and type your post before the{/color}{/size}{/font}

Actually you'll probably see most all of my posts in regular font, black and white...I'm just too lazy, lol.

Denise