2. 2. Prescribed PRN meds

• 0-5
    • 6-10
    • over 10
  3. 3. Doctor ordered supplements

• 0-5
    • 6-10
    • over 10

I don't know if I'll be able to figure out how to do a poll, but I'm curious as to just how many pills we have to swallow each day!

It's starting to get depressing, lol, and I'm wondering how many are in the same fix I am.

Also, do you keep a list of your current meds with you? I'm to the point that they don't even write them down, they just photocopy both sides of my card. :action-smiley-077:

Denise

I don't know if I'll be able to figure out how to do a poll, but I'm curious as to just how many pills we have to swallow each day!

It's starting to get depressing, lol, and I'm wondering how many are in the same fix I am.

Also, do you keep a list of your current meds with you? I'm to the point that they don't even write them down, they just photocopy both sides of my card. :action-smiley-077:

Denise

I tried to fill in the poll, I take in excess of 25 actually I think it is 26 pills a day. :common076[1]:

Well, I suck at making up polls. :blink:

I meant to ask how many prescription pills are taken, not how many prescriptions ('cause sometimes we have to take one in the morning, one in the evening, etc.).

I just edited that and also discovered ! that I can edit the votes of what others have entered! So, if you want, you can post (or PM me) the actual number if it's different than what you put down and I'll go in and change it for you.

Polls are apparently NOT on my list of abilities, unfortunately that list gets shorter and shorter as time goes on.

Sorry for the goof up. :blush:

Denise

Folks I take 5 soon to be 4 when they take me off my potassium supplments in June. But also do we count our OTC vitamins too that we take Co Enzyne q-10 to replace what is lost by taking a statin?? But I am glad I am going down. Yes I kep a card in my wallet with all RX's OTC too what i am allergic to Blood type Dr's name and hospital preferance. fort he firemen cannot read the medic alert braclets or neclaces if they have their masks on in anEr. we find that out every time we have drill if someone is weearing one puts them to the test. Something to consider too. heidi

I do 9 plus an asprin. I hate how many that I have to do and so does my pocketbook. To work for a insurance company I have the worse insurance. We have the new thing HRA (health reimbursement account) where they put X amount of dollars in a account for you and everything cost you up front but they help you cover the cost with this account. Have a 3000.00 ded. My meds runs about 1500.00 every 3 months and they only put 750.00 in the account. This is our first year doing this and I would like to say I hope it will be the last but it gets worse every year.

Terry

All I know is that for a 34yr old I take WAY too many pills! I've tried backing off of a couple of pills but it always lands me in the ER so I guess I'm stuck with them. I take a total of 12 pills a day not including any nitro that I might need during the day for angina. Usually about two to three times a week I have a bad day that requires some nitro.

Well, since everyone is telling their exact numbers (instead of being anonymous in the poll, lol) I'll fess up.

I now take 18 pills a day (some are doubles), two PRNs, and two supplements I've been told to take.

I just hate lining up all those pills, but thank heavens our insurance is good.

Seems like everytime I see a doc, I end up with more pills to take. It's a wonder I'm not turning rainbow colored!

Denise

(It does help to see that others are stuck with yucky amounts of pills to take, though I'm sorry you all have to. Guess misery does love company.)

I take 5 tablets per day .

Plavix, Aspirin, Coreg twice per day and Simvastatin

Kalip