HeartBoard

NITROGLYCERIN USE

Hi Everyone: :grouphug2:

It's been awhile since I've posted, I hope things are going well for most of you!!! You know life is never dull for me. My chest pains come and go from time to time, I have nitro but never used it until yesterday, I had horrible right arm pain that came out of nowhere. Things are really busy at work. So in my distress with the pain in my arm I took a nitro and low and behold it calmed down my pain, started again, I took another nitro and basically the pain went away. After arriving home, pain came back, took another nitro and I was fine for the rest of the evening. Is this angina??? I'd appreciate feedback from anyone here.

I'll be seeing my cardio on Thursday, October 28th.

Love, Peace and Happiness

xoxoGod Bless, MM1207 :blue:

MM, if I were you, I'd call my cardio and ask. And maybe they can move up your appointment. I've never had it in my right arm. Mine starts right at my heart (always) and then sometimes goes down my left arm or to my jaw. Only one time on the right side, but that was closer to my heart and nearer my shoulder. Was this just your arm or did you have chest pain too? I think you should call your doc & ask.

Take care,

Oona

Hi MM,

Since you use the adjective "horrible" for the pain, I would think maybe it is serious enough to go to a clinic or emergency room ASAP.

I had angina which would manifest as chest pain (after walking a block or so) and often a half hour or more later (also at work) I would have some (not intense) pain in my hands. This was during the two weeks before my LAD artery was found to be 90% blocked.

Nitro giving pain relief is cardio!

Best wishes.

Hi,

You probably already know this, but just in case. Nitro works because it enlarges the arteries, so now blood can flow around a blockage if indeed there is one. The fact that you find relief when you use it shows a possible problem. Might want to get it checked sooner.

Vinny

I also think you should at least give your cardio a call. Heart pain locations can be anywhere from your nose to your belly button so don't just sit and ponder locations. If the nitro worked then it was angina pain.

Good to see you MM but I'm sorry your having these pains. Yes, I agree with the others, you should call your cardio. Hope your better soon! Hugs, Pat

mm, it's so good to see you but I'm sorry you're having this pain. As you would suspect, I agree with everyone else that you need to at least run this past your cardio because you might need to be seen sooner rather than later.

Let us know how things go, meanwhile I'll be saying extra prayers for you.

Love and hugs,

Denise

:) Hi everyone and thank you for your replies. I really appreciate it. I am trying to avoid ER and waiting to see my doctor on the 28th. However, while walking with my daughter after a real crappy subway ride, track fire and we were rerouted, I experienced something really weird, I was walking and out of nowhere there was a pressure as if something was on my heart that made me feel quite lightheaded and dizzy at once and I felt like my heart filled with blood and the blood couldn't go anywhere and it was about to explode!!!! Strange, I stopped walking and waited for a minute or two before proceeding. Yikes I thought I was going to faint. :blue: I am writing down everything and will God willing see my cardio on the 28th. Do we ever get back to normal?????? :common003[1]: Thanks for letting me vent and I will keep you up to date.

Take care, God Bless and be well all!!!

MRM0514 A/K/A MM1207 & MM120754

Don't ask but I had to register again. :grouphug2:

OMG MM! Please please get yourself to ER! I know you hate to go and I'm a good one to refuse to go but this sounds so serious hun! The 28th is too far away with these kinds of symptoms! Your in my prayers! You go NOW! :grouphug2:

Go to the DR NOw ASAP dont walk run you could be having early signs of a SCA and it is impartive you go donot waste time and waiting to,see your Dr on the 28th get yur hind most parts to the ER STAT!!

I am not fooling I am serious Mary I mean Serious this is nothing to play around with yuo value your life and want to be around longer then get to the DR STAT and then let us know how everything goes.

Heidi (JAXCERT)

Something is certainly not right and there is no doubt you should see a doctor AS A MATTER OF EMERGENCY!! I can't reiterate enough what others have said here about your situation. Myself I have never experienced the pain down my right arm. Left arm and shoulder, chest radiating up into the neck and jaw. I have known people to complain of what you have and it has been related to the heart but in others it was related to their lungs, why? I don't know. The body is a strange and unpredictable machine. You could even be correct and you might be suffering from a severe stress disorder which is causing all of this, but which ever way you look at it, you are better to get your self checked out properly. Cardiac related pains can even be felt in your back and radiate to or from the area of your kidney's. Get yourself checked out, always best to be safe than sorry.

God bless,

Gordon and Michelle