HeartBoard

I have an appointment with my cardio doc tomorrow

Last week I just did a couple of chores that shouldn't have been to exerting but when I finished I felt funny. Kinda a nervous, shaky feeling inside along with some chest pain but not real bad pain. It was my night to go square dancing and I figured this feeling would probably pass so I went ahead and went to the dance. But driving my vision was kinda strange, blurry and not reading the street signs as clear as usual. I got to the dance and felt very weak and had to walk inside pretty slow. So I just sat down and decided I better not dance and see if this would pass. I felt a little better after about a half hour but not good enough to dance, the chest pain was still there, so I went home. Went to bed and the next day still felt weak so I slept alot. I had started a new medicine for my breathing problem and felt pretty sure that was causing my problem. So I quit taking the med. But now over a week later and no med I still have the kinda heavy achy feeling in my chest and I can't exert myself at all without it getting worse so will get it checked out tomorrow. I know I probably should've gone to the ER last week but I'm a bad girl I know. :blue: ! I didn't even want to go to the doc but I guess its better to feel stupid if nothing is wrong than to feel dead if something is wrong. Its also very hard for me to tell if this is pulmonary or heart problem, but the pain is just a little left of center where the heart is so I figure checking with the cardio first. So we will see tomorrow. I had a heart cath 3 years ago and my arteries were good and clear at that time. And when I had an echo not quite a year ago my EF was 65. I'll fill you in after my appointment tomorrow. Will probably have to have all those darn tests and not know for weeks! LOL Hugs, Pat

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pat,

How many times have all of us (me included) jumped someone's butt about not going to the ER when they should have and turned around and did the same thing?

Waiting to hear your report from the doc tomorrow.

I haven't heard from anyone about the stress test or holter from last week. I'll give a call sometime next week to see what's up.

I will have you in my prayers tomorrow that all goes well. PLEASE take it easy until then.

Vicki

Dear Patoola: Hope all goes well for you tomorrow!!! Let us know how things go. I'll say a prayer too!

All the best to you!!!!

xoxoxoMary - aka mm1207

Dearest Pat,

Gilbert is so right, don't take chances Pat. I still imagine you and I jamming at some jamborie somewhere so do take care my friend. Let us know about the tests.

I am back in Papworth for a load more tests and another angiogram in November the 17th. God bless Pat and let me know won't you,

Gordon and Michelle

Oh Pat,

I am shocked to hear all this has been going on with you and I'm also worried that you haven't been checked out yet. You are big time in my thoughts and especially in my prayers right now. I hope this turns out to be nothing serious and you are okay.

Please let us know how things go at your appointment.

Much love and warm hugs,

Denise

(I sent you an email too) :heart-pip:

Thank you all for your concern and prayers. Well, not much accomplished at my appointment with my cardio. He is going to set me up with an appointment to take a stress test so we'll play the typical waiting game! LOL At least he didn't send me directly to the hospital so that must mean nothing too serious is going on. Will let you all know as I know. I feel better that I am being checked out at least.

Hope you doctor appointment goes well today Ford and Gilbert I hope you hear soon about the results of your tests!

Hugs, Pat :wub:

I'm glad they didn't find anything alarming. Did your doctor say what to do if your chest pain continues or gets worse or you have the other symptoms back? I don't know anything about it, but did they check out everything they could to make sure you didn't have some kind of a heart thing happen last week? I'm just a worrier... :blowup:

Love you,

Denise

Well, darn me, I went into complete passive mode and didn't ask any of the questions I wanted to ask! So I will just have to wait till after the stress test and practice assertiveness between now and then! He did an EKG and the listening to my heart stuff so I think he checked me over pretty good. He didn't volunteer what to do if I have another "spell" or if the chest pain gets worse but I already decided I will hightail my butt to ER!!! The butt that I am kicking now! :blue: Hugs, Passive Patoolla

Hi Potolla:) Sorry your having problems. I hope all goes well with you and your test. But you know when my cardio listened to my heart, he had asked me if I had gained weight recently and yes low and behold I did gain 10 lbs. I remember him telling me that it could very well be the Paxil, I'm on Paxil still but instead of 20 I'm on 40mgs. since I've had more depression recently because of crap going on in my life. Best of luck with everything.

Love, peace and happiness always, be well too!!

xoxoxomm1207

aka Mary