HeartBoard

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE????

GOOD EVENING EVERYBODY!!!

:grouphug2: I hope everyone is doing well.

I have a question that may seem silly, but its happened several times and I'm concerned.

Once again I've had chest pain (several times actually). It doesn't last long, I think the longest was several hours on and off. It also included pain in my left arm that went past the shoulder and into the back of my neck. I'm dumbfounded by the pain in my right chest, it seems to happen after running on an incline for a train in the morning. I am out of breath, but I don't have pain until several hours later. It doesn't always include left arm pain either. A couple of months ago, I was walking briskly in Manhattan for my boss. On the way back I suddenly felt like I was going to faint, I had visual problems and it seemed like everything was going black. Slowed down my walking but felt very nervous afterwards. I went to my PCP office and saw RPA who told me this could be an aura associated with migrane headache (which I did not have).

Is it possible for chest pain to start several hours after say like running for a train??? Any answers and advice will help. I'll be seeing my cardio in May.

Thanks in advance for your listening to my :common072[1]:

God Bless, take care and be well.

xoxoMary

mm120754 :heart-pip:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mary, I don't believe that there is any time frame in which we can safely say that the pain is or is not cardiac related. Nor does it have to be in your left arm vs the right.

I would call you Cardio and get the appointment moved up.

Gary

Hope you're feeling better, Mary. My experience is that it can happen anytime, whether I'm doing something or not (mostly not).

I can sympathize with you about having it diagnosed as something 'else'. I'm glad to hear your appt. is coming up soon.

Take care,

Oona

Hello and welcome to the board...Make sure you describe your symptoms in great detail..Make notes if it helps you remember..They can only go by what you tell them..Also make sure you get some testing done...Don`t let them gloss over it til you get a good answer you are happy with...While it`s unusual doctors can be wrong and think one thing is something else..Good luck! :D

Mary I had a situation before my blockage was found that I walked to a neighbors house up and down two pretty good size hills. Stopped for a minute at the neighbors and then walked back up and down those two hills again. I was almost home before the angina attack hit. It took quite a bit of exertion to bring on the pain I think because I basically was in pretty good shape with a strong heart except for that nasty little blocked artery.

The heart is a busy instrument the size only of your fist.Your symptoms should not be ignored. I agree with so many others here and believe the best thing for you is to get yourself into see a cardiologist. The symptoms you describe could very well be an angina attack and it is always best to make sure that there is nothing seriously wrong. Best to be safe than sorry.

God bless and good luck,

Gordon and Michelle

GOOD EVENING EVERYONE :grouphug2:

Hope all is well with everyone. I want to thank each and everyone of you who responded to my question. Thanks!!!! I also want to clarify that this is Mary mm1207. I had to change my password and also my sign-in name. I had 2 stents put in Aug. 12, 2004. I've been having pain on and off for a while. I was hospitalized 2x and tested after my stents. Pain alleviated for a while and then wham, it's back. I hope my cardio doesn't think I a nut (h e doesn't think --

he knows ha ha) but something just isn't right here. Will keep you informed on my upcoming visit. What's next, the looney bin?????

xoxoMary mm1207 (aka mm120754)

God Bless and stay well all!!!!

Mary, I hope everything turns out okay. It is wise that you moved up your cardio appointment, best to get this checked out sooner rather than later.

Good luck,

Denise

>>>>I had 2 stents put in Aug. 12, 2004. I've been having pain on and off for a while. <<<<

I think we`ve touched on this topic a few times in the past year..I know I complained about this same thing myself a lot...After my MI and my stent I had pains off and on for months and even though I mentioned it to everyone involved they never seemed to think much of it or schedule extra tests..Maybe they just hear this a lot and know it`s common so they shrug it off..But you would think if that was the case they would at least tell you that so you don`t worry

"Programbo's" reaction seems about right. I too had pains after a stent placement (they didn't resemble angina pain)--and was told it was a stretching pain and would go away in a few weeks which it did. But I didn't have that kind of pain eight months later. Please don't be embarrassed to have it checked out.

Best wishes, Mary, and keep us posted.

Jeanne

I'll be thinking and praying for you on your appointment the 28th Mary! I sure hope they find out what is going on! Let us know as soon as you can. Hugs, Pat