HeartBoard

To My Friends, Old and New

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen to your prayer Ford and also to your very heartfelt words Charles! My the Good Lord be with you Teri! Love my friend, Pat :heart-pip:

Thank you all! I really appreciate your kindness and Ford, thank you so much for the beautiful prayer and poem!!

Chaz, Thank you!!

With Love, Teri

Tootie,

Ford and Chaz,So sweet of you guys. Im sorry I didnt get on here sooner. :( Thanks for letting me know this morning. Tootie,Im so glad you got to speak to your dad before he passed away. You know my prayers are with you and your family. Again,Im so sorry!! I Love you girl,tt

I think this says everything Teri, for me anyway. When we lose somebody we love they leave a hole in our lives that can never be filled.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints of snow,

I am the sun on ripened grain,

I am the gentle Autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there; I did not die.

God bless you all Teri we send you our love and prayers, God be with you always,

Love,

Gordon and Michelle

Teri -

Jerry and I just finding this truely sad news this evening. Please know that your friends here at HB have you in our hearts. A special prayer will be said for your dear folks and for the loved ones that they are now watching over. The peace in this sadness is that they are once again together and are releived from the earthly aches and pains.

Feel our angels wrapping their wings around you and your family... I'm sure your mom and dad are also wrapping their loving arms around you to let you know that they will always be there for you. It won't be long before they get their wings...

God Bless you Teri. Big warm gentle hugs to you and your family.

Much Love ~ Catherine and Jerry ***

Gordon that is such a beautiful and touching poem. I have read it before but can't remember the poet. I dearly hope Teri that you found comfort in those beautiful words and all the other condolences posted here. I was listening to Thich Nhat Hahn( famous zen Buddhist from Viet Nam) who has said that when you die you cannot entery the kingdom of heaven. in fact the only way you can enter is if you are alive! Such a powerful view of the nature of who we are and the never ending progress we make through eternity. As Wordsworth said: this life is but a sleep and a forgetting. Imagine what remembering must be like as we pass from this world of sorrow and tears into light and joy!!! :heart-pip:

My lenten bible reading yesterday was from a letter from St. Paul 1 Corinthians 15.50

What I am saying, brothers and sisters, is this: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Listen, I will tell you a mystery! We will not all die, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable body must put on imperishability, and this mortal body must put in immortality. When this perishable body puts on imperishability, and this mortal body puts on immortality, then the saying that is written will be fulfilled: "Death has been swallowed up in victory." "Where, O death, is your victory? Where O death is your sting?"

I'm still here with you all in spirit and I want to thank you all for your beautiful and kind words. I am unable to attend my Father's funeral on Tues. as my health took just a bit of a turn last week. I am okay, but the new med.'s that I am on to try and conquer the severe angina I had the day before my Father passed away, have definitely taken their toll on me along with the emotions of loosing both of my parents. My daughter, Brittney, has left today, to fly to Wis. with my sister and her husband to attend the funeral and represent me and my family. She is in good hands. She promised her Grandpa she'd play "Taps" at his funeral, so she insisted on being there. He will have a full Military Burial which he deserves.

Thanks to all of you, in my times of need recently to be here for me and to think of me. I miss you all.

With Love, Teri

I sure am proud of Brit.hope she makes it through TAPS ok.hard song just to listen to much less play it.I bet she does great.

Teri - I'm glad to hear that you have put your health first and that you're staying home and taking care of yourself. There is something especially poignant about losing your last parent, because it's like you're truly coming of age. I don't know quite how to describe it, but I'm sure you're feeling that too.

I wasn't able to go to my father's funeral (my mom had passed on 6 years earlier) but my brother and sister were there. I spent the day with him in spirit, writing down so many wonderful memories of our times together - as if it was a letter to him. I'm sure he got it, and I sometimes get it out and read it when I'm thinking of him. I'm sure that although neither of you will be there in person, you will feel eachother's presence, and your mom's too. You'll be in my prayers, and I hope you're feeling better soon. Be at peace.

Oona

girlfriend

My heart is aching for you too but Gordon and Chaz has siad it so well with the poems etc it brought tears to my eyes. Yes their is a season for everything and your folks have been together for such a long time they culdnot bear being apart even though you have a huge hole in your heart cling to the memories my dear girlfriend and yes the first year stink it is rotten and after the first year you will still miss them but the sadness and missing them will go away. But I know you so good like me when Steven and page told us they were going tomhave a baby we said good then I said Bruce yuor little _ _ _ _ of a nephew is going to be a daddy and he has been gone 5 years. I still find myself at times like that crying and talking to them up in heaven even though I knnow they cannot her us but yes I do believe they can see us. so girlfriend I am here for yu to call any time day or night and you even have our cell if we are gone from home.

Heidi

Dear Teri:

My heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your father to you and your family. I'm shocked about your sad reply to my e-mail of late. May God help you through these trying times. Please take care of yourself and get better.

God Bless. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Love Mary mm1207

Teri I'm so sorry to hear that your are going through the loss of your father with really no time at all to heal from the loss of your mother. I've seen these things happen before with other couples and I think they truly die of a broken heart. The death certificate may say something else but I think that's what really happens. I'm happy for you that you were able to talk to your Dad one more time before he passed. Teri be sure to take care of yourself! You are in my prayers! When you spoke of your daughter playing taps for your father I had a huge lump in my throat. She's a good girl!

Gordons poem really did say it all. When my black eyed susans bloom I know my Mom is still with me.

Michelle