HeartBoard

A place to talk about our bloodwork

Keep at it Ricky. It took me a while to get my numbers where the docs wanted them.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep at it Ricky. It took me a while to get my numbers where the docs wanted them.

I've only been working on it for 10 years :scratchchin:

I went to my PCP yesterday to get the word on my quarterly bloodwork. My bp has generally been down and I had decreased my lisonopril... perhaps too much. Yesterday it was 140/70....70 works but... so back up a little on that. I can not remember my numbers but my sugars, A1C are down, my HDL is down too...need to exercise a bit more I suppose but I have been going to the gym. My LDL is down as are my triglyserides (sp?) quite a bit too. My cholesterol is up a tad. He has increased my meds for the cholesteral. Overall not too bad .. but it gives me more areas to focus on.

Well, that is the way to do it, Shaka. I think I have not been as zealous as I used to be and need a smack upside my head to smarten me up LOL!

You know, when I convert these numbers in to your system, they do not sound so bad...really just into the risk range, I think.... Maybe this doc is just a fanatic...?

In 'American', my numbers are: total cholesterol 186.9, LDL 57.6, HDL 62.3, and trigycerides 147 (well, that was has gone up a lot since last year). What was flooring me was the number of flags in the three page print-out. Seems I have all kinds of odd things like elevated white blood count, leukocytes and I am spilling protein again (that has been intermittent throughout my life but always scares the docs LOL). My thyroid function is also down again so, for the second time this year, up goes that dose as well...:(

But the big thing is the sugar all over the place....despite a borderline OK A1C, I guess I am a mess even when fasting....wondered why my piddle was bubbly....duh. And yes, this doc blames my coke for a lot of it....I hate sugar-free pop and aspartame nastiness..... Yesterday I bought the new zero calorie coke....wish me luck LOL. I will try it. I did not dare tell her how much milk I drink....:(.

jan

Looks like most of the stuff that needs to come down has done that Shaka so you are one the right track about some of them. I usually have the same problem with my HDL as it tends to go down with everything and not up. I've checked on a lot of foods that help lower cholesterol and that has seemed to help me some along with the meds.

Jan, I can't have any artificial sweetener as they make me very sick. I finally figured that out after using them for a few years and being sick most of the time. Just a pulled down sick in the stomach feeling. So now my sweetening agent is sugar, honey, sorghum and other real and natural stuff. Figuring that into the diet is a full time job though but I've accustomed myself to liking less sweet foods and drinks. A couple Pepsi's or the local Double Cola a week take care of sugar cravings and staying away from corn syrup helps with the control.