HeartBoard

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???

HI EVERYONE: :grouphug2:

I need some input here regarding dizziness and lightheadedness while briskly walking 24 NYC (12 each way) blocks back and forth to the bank for my office. Since several of my coworkers were not in today, I volunteered to go to the bank for my office. I decided that since it wasn't raining basically for the first time this week, I'd walk to the bank. Everything was fine until I was approximately 2 1/2 blocks away from my job. I started feeling lightheaded and dizzy, I had vision disturbances. Thought I was going to pass out. I slowed down some and things became alot better. I never really ever had anything like this happen before. I had upper back and right sided chest pain on and off during the day. Is this related to the heart??? Could it mean I'm getting sick??? I am going to see my cardio on February 3rd. I will bring this up with him. Could it be blood pressure??? I'm baffled by all of this. I'm tired of having crazy things going on with me. I am greatful to be alive most days but puzzling symthoms are just making me crazy. Can anyone relate to this??? Do we ever feel normal again???

Hoping everyone and their families have a Happy and Healthy New Year.

God Bless, take care and hopefully be well!!!!

Hugs and Kisses to all. :wub:

mm1207

Mary

Mary I am no cardio or doctor and can only speak from experience (right now everyone thinks I am nuts so it may not be good advice so take it for what it is worth) Were you sob at all? I know when I have had a cardiac problem when I would walk I would get some sob and cp sometimes just ne or the other when I slowed it would stop, once in awhile I have felt lightheaded, I would think if you are feeling "not right" this needs to be checked out if it continues perhaps you should call your cardio before Feb. How are you feeling today? Is it better or worse if worse then something may be going on you know your body better than anyone--better to check it out and be safe than NOT- take care and let me know how you do :heart-pip:

Mary, I'm sure what happened to you could be caused by a number of things and only your doctor would be able to find out which one. If I were you I'd be very aware of my body and any symptoms and be sure to call and get in before next month if anything happens again.

Of course, I'm no doctor and have no medical training so I don't know if what happened to you yesterday is of any significance in itself or not but it seems that you should call just because of yesterday and not wait to see if anything more does happen.

I wish you the best, let us know how things are going for you.

Denise

Edited by Denisefh

Mary,

I agree with the above responses. I would contact the doctor just to be on the safe side. I also sometimes get lightheaded and dizzy for no reason, and it scares the patooties out of me sometime. I am much more aware of my body and don't fluff off what appears to be a little thing.

I would call the doctor and not wait until February.

Good Luck, I hope you're feeling better today.

Love,

Maria :heart-pip:

Hi Mary! I agree with the others, it would be best to call the doctor and at least talk to the doc or the nurse and tell them what happened and see if they think you should come in before Feb. Don't want anything happening to you! Hugs, Pat

Well, we are all in agreement, I think with this...Mary, please call your Dr. as soon as you can and get their advice on this asap! It is not normal to walk down a street and feel dizzy and have visual problems. Unless this is something you've had before and already discussed with your Dr., then please call!!

None of us are Dr.'s and we can only speculate as to what caused this.

Please let us know what the Dr. tells you, :heart-pip: Mary!!

Hugs, Teri :P

Mary,

I am in with the rest. You should go ahead and call the cardio's office and let them know this. There are several things that could have been going on. If this happens again then take some notes to tell the cardio. Was your pulse rate fast and what was the quality of the pulse...strong, thready, etc. Did you have sob at the time or were you breathing faster and harder than normal. Did chest pain linger with rest or go away and when did it first start. The type of pain and location should be noted also. Blood pressure problems would only be known if you had taken you BP at that time.

Don't mess around as we all like to say.

Gilbert

I agree - call your doc....my landlord had his blood pressure medication dosage doubled to relieve pressure on his valves....but now he gets dizzy when climbing stairs...He was doing so well after his surgery.....no dizziness...now it's back...but instead of assuming it's his blood pressure meds, I suggested he call his cardio doctor. I hope he does. And so should you.

Michelle

Mary, :heart-pip: Hope you are feeling okay?!~Please keep us updated, we really do worry about you!!

Hugs, Teri :heart-pip:

Mary, I hope you are feeling better and perhaps have checked in with your Dr. by now!-please give us an update on what's happening, we're still worried ya know?! :heart-pip:

Big Hugs always, Teri :P

Mary nw this is heidi who is going to sound like mamam Heidi

get yur hind most parts to the phone call yur dr. these are warning signs of a heart attack especially if yu also have fatigue or also it could be a medication that needs to be adjusted. i too got sob and dizziness and naseau in y stomach my Heart Dr now told me those were warning signs telling me to slow down or I might have a heart atack so listen to all of us here and call your DR ASAP tell him yuor symptoms and you need to be seen STAT and also donot let him tell you nerves or PMS or menopausal which some male Dr's do for our symptoms are so much more diffent than a mans even fatigu and not sleeping good at night is also a syptom too.

Heidi

HI EVERYONE :

:grouphug2:

I'm feeling alot better since last Friday. I appreciate everyone's concern. Thank you. No I have not called the Doctor. I dread calling and having some more problems. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have the lightheadedness and dizziness again. I ran for the subway today, slightly uphill and was very sob and was a bit uncomfortable. I don't want to stress this. I will keep an eye on things. I appreciate everyone's concern. Thanks.

Take care, God Bless and be well!!!!

xoxomm1207

Mary :heart-pip:

Good Luck, Mary, but you know my recommendation won't change here-please seek Medical advice!! Big Hugs, Teri :heart-pip: