HeartBoard

I feel lonely and stressed out, do you feel the same?

Hi,

How is everyone holding up? I hope all is going well with you and your family. I, myself don't feel good, I've been feeling anxious these past few days, I have this feeling that it is unsafe to go out, thinking what if the person I meet is infected, what if the places I go is contaminated. I feel something is lacking. My body feel sick since I used to have an active life before this Covid-19 pandemic. 

I do smile and laugh,...but deep inside I have this anxiety if we ever gonna be real safe...

Did you also feel the same way?

I don't really feel unsafe leaving the house but I don't get out much. I had an old family friend die the other day and his funeral was today. I decided I just couldn't go and be around so many people. If I get covid I doubt if I will make it but I don't let it rule my life. I have severe COPD, Diabetes and vascular problems. I try to use common sense when I do go out. I wear my mask and try to social distance. I still go to Walmart or the grocery store. I took my wife to doctors appointment. She had major spinal surgery 3 weeks ago and can't drive. I go to doctor tomorrow. I don't get out as much as I used to but try to get out of this house every 3 to 4 days before the walls close in on me to much. I can only watch so much tv or read so many books before it's time.

I hope it gets better for you. Don't let it win.

RickyB

• Sad 1

Hi RickyB,

I've felt so embarassed asking this topic here, I wish you and your wife to be 100% safe during this pandemic. I'll pray for your wife's fast recovery. This is indeed a hard times we all must pass, but at the same time, we should not let this situation get the whole of us. Thank you for making me realize that. Please be safe. 🥺

• Like 1

I'm stopping by and would like to leave this article here that I've stumbled upon looking for some ways to cope with anxiety, stress etc during this pandemic and I hope that anyone who reads this will find some good advice too as I have done. Merry Christmas everyone!

https://www.heretohelp.bc.ca/infosheet/covid-19-and-anxiety

No advice, but from me some empathy. As a mostly retired part time dog walker, I have very little contact with humans on a daily basis. I do try to keep up with my weight training and other exercise, just in case there might be life on the other side of this mess. I have my dog to keep me busy, as well as the other dogs for whom I take care. We have the beach, which changes daily, in terms of just watching nature, the waves, the seaweed or lack thereof, the pelicans, the dogs playing. I read books, and always have a few books which I have not yet read from which to choose whenever I finish one of them. On our island, all the usual holiday events and activities have been cancelled, so at least all of us are in the same boat.

• Like 1

You should get one, but make sure you did your research first before deciding to get one. Pets have feelings too so you better be up to the task on making sure they are well cared and loved before having one.

Btw, how are you doing now? It's almost the end of the year, I hope you can celebrate with your familyagain even just in face time on this important day! 

Hi! I did and I had fun celebrating New Year with my family and and cousin's family (they've decided to spend the New Year with us), so it became a bigger party that night. How about you? I hope you also had a great New Year with your family or relatives. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have suffered social anxiety all my life until a few years ago, to the point that I never even went out at night in my twenties.

The answer to improving mental health is looking into yourself, identifying your fears, and then exposing yourself to them little by little. In time you stop acting awkwardly in regards to your trigger whatever it may be, your looks, your weight, your hair color, your smile, your race, your social status, etc.

I hope you guys are still faring well this 2021.

• Like 1