The food researchers pored over some 4,000 health claims used by manufacturers and supermarkets to tempt shoppers into buying their products.
These were whittled down to only 222 that were judged to have basis in scientific fact - and from those they have concocted a menu that is being hailed as the healthiest ever.
It includes a series of superfoods that can provide you not only with a filling main meal but also plenty of extra snacks and treats with equal health- promoting benefits.
It was created by scientists at Leatherhead Food Research, an independent British organisation, using the 222 surviving health claims which have now been cleared by EU food watchdogs.
Health-giving components include Omega 3 fish oils, which are good for cholesterol, and folates, found in high-fibre multigrain bread and which boost the brain and developing babies in the womb.
The menu starts with a fresh and smoked salmon terrine, which contains Omega 3 and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) which is good for the arteries, heart and brain.
Here's what's on the menu for thedinner of champions:
- Fresh and smoked salmon terrine
- Mixed leaf side salad with extra virgin olive oil dressing
- High fiber multi-grain bread roll
- Chicken casserole with lentils and mixed vegetables -- low in saturated fat and sodium
- Live yogurt-based blancmange topped with walnuts and sugar-free caramel flavored sauce
Snack suggestions include:
- Cranberry, raspberry, and elderflower multivitamin and mineral sports drink
- Velvety hot chocolate
- Walnut snack pack
- Activated charcoal packets
- Mixed berry meal replacement shakes -- for dieters
- Pure spring water
- Sugar-free spearmint chewing gum with Xylitol