Thai Vegetable Curry
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups carrot juice (1 kilo carrots, juiced)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large eggplant, peeled, if desired & cut into 3 cm cubes
- 2 cups green beans, cut in 3 cm pieces
- 3 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 (250 grams ) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 tablespoons no-salt seasoning blend, adjusted to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups watercress leaves, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted natural chunky peanut butter
- I kilo firm tofu, cut into 0.6 cm thick slices
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped raw cashews
- unchopped mint, basil or cilantro leaves, for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
Place the garlic, ginger, mint, basil, cilantro, carrot juice, bell pepper, eggplant, green beans, mushrooms,
bamboo shoots, curry powder, and 1 cup of the watercress in a wok or large skillet.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until all the vegetables are tender.
Mix in the peanut butter.
Add the tofu, bring to a simmer, and toss until hot. Add the coconut milk and heat through.
Top with the remaining 1 cup watercress and the cashews. Garnish with mint, basil or cilantro leaves, if desired.