• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 deepaksuneja

deepaksuneja

Silver member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

I am 35 yrs old. Due to hypertension I feel some swelling on the heart, I met consultant, On ECG AVL graph is not normal & Echo report says-
Normal LV size 2d EF - 51%. Apical Septum Hypokinetic, Normal Valves and pericardium

IHD RWMA LAD Territory Normal LV Function in NSR

I want to know whats the problem on my heart, n how it will cure. Is it cure with medicines or any other methods, n what will its effect on long term.

#2 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,325 posts
  • Interests:Medical, helping others, fishing, boating, my family, video gaming.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

I interpret this as them saying you have some sort of insufficient blood supply to your heart. The EF/ejction fraction is not awful and that your valves are normal which means blood flow is ok from that standpoint. Who was this consultant? Was it a cardiologist? If not, you might want to take this to the next level and have a few more test done. Are you having any other symptoms? To your knowledge, have you ever had an issue with your heart from any other exams?
"Bad things triumphant, when good people do nothing at all"

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha
"So often times it happens, that we live ours life's in chains, and we never even knew we held the key" The Eagles
"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it" Alfred Hitchcock

"We have enough religion to make us hate one another, but not enough to make us love each other" Jonathan Swift

"My heart is ruled by Venus, my head by Mars" Phil Lynott

#3 deepaksuneja

deepaksuneja

Silver member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Thanx a lot sir, One thing I want to mention my medical history here and want your advise, that my age is 35 yrs, and I am taking regular medicines of emotional disorder from my age of 20. And I took medicine of high blood presure around 1 yr in 2007-08, and after that I get low blood pressure n my doctor stoped that medicine. On Last tuesday 7th feb, I feel high blood pressure n I took blood pressure medicine n alprazolam. N its go down. But next day I feel some heavyness on chest and breathing was not normal. I contact with my doctor and he give medicine. But I not feel much better and I visited again on 14th. and on ECG AVL graph was not normal. Doctor gave me anti- biotics. And I am feeling relief from today with those medicines.
Yesterday I visited cardilogist, He took Echo and after that he said report says I need urgent angiography. The vain supply blood to lungs that are little bit blocks. But I wrote here echo reports, I think its not mention anywhere on the report. Thats why I need your guideline. I havnt any heart problem on the past.

#4 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

Ok, thanks for other information. Usually, some sort of stress test would be next, BUT, if the cardiologists said urgent angiogram then you need to have that done. In a way this would be better for you anyway because the angiogram will tell you absolutely everything everyone needs to know. And if you do have some sort of blockages they can most likely repair right then with a stent. Saves a step anyway with not having stress test, because if you failed stress test you would need angio catherization/angiography anyway. Look here so you know what to expect http://www.heartboar...?showtopic=7016

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha
"So often times it happens, that we live ours life's in chains, and we never even knew we held the key" The Eagles
"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it" Alfred Hitchcock

"We have enough religion to make us hate one another, but not enough to make us love each other" Jonathan Swift

#5 deepaksuneja

deepaksuneja

Silver member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

thanx for your help sir.

#6 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

Your :signs046[1]: and please keep us informed on what you decide to do. You can get all the support you need here :signs007[1]: .

#7 gschmitt

gschmitt

Heart and Cardiovascular Disease Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, woodworking, Genealogy. Ballroom dancing. Putting on my lederhosen and going to area German festivals.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

I agree with what Jerry has said. When the cardiologist said urgent work is needed please get busy on this.
Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're
here we should dance.

In heaven there is no beer
That's why we're drinking it here
And when we're gone from here
All our friends will be drinking all our beer.

Let the Gemutlichkeit roll on. Ein Prosit.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Aerobics are for those who don't polka.

#8 kalip

kalip

Food Ideas and Healthy Recipes Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 1,442 posts
  • Interests:Jogging, Reading, Surfing the Internet & Meditation

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

I also wish to endorse Jerry’s advice

But does an echo cardiogram show coronary artery blockages?

kalip

“Be independent of the good and bad opinion of others”

"Learn to be calm and you will always be happy"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"The human body has no more need for cows' milk than it does for dogs' milk, horses' milk, or giraffes' milk."

Go Vegan

#9 deepaksuneja

deepaksuneja

Silver member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

Yes, thats why I am confused. Same cardilogist take echo, and he said the echo report says. But no where mention on echo test report. I am belongs from small town. And you can say here I cant trust on any cardiologist they are mostly money tempting. Heard a lot of cases where they cheat people only for money. Thats why I am discussing here if report says I have some blockage, then I will go any big town for further treatment. Today I am going to my doctor (general physician) for his opinion. Because I m feeling much better with the medicines referred by him.

#10 kalip

kalip

Food Ideas and Healthy Recipes Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 1,442 posts
  • Interests:Jogging, Reading, Surfing the Internet & Meditation

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

Yes ,I think you should get a second opinion from another Cardiologist

kalip

“Be independent of the good and bad opinion of others”

"Learn to be calm and you will always be happy"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"The human body has no more need for cows' milk than it does for dogs' milk, horses' milk, or giraffes' milk."

Go Vegan

#11 deepaksuneja

deepaksuneja

Silver member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

I visited to my doctor today. He said you havnt much problem as on ECG and I cant suggest you to with that cardiologist or his echo report. And he told me if I wanna conferm I can take opinion with other cariologist and suggest me few names. I will meet one of them tomorrow or monday.

#12 deepaksuneja

deepaksuneja

Silver member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:52 AM

I visited one more cardiologist without previous echo report. He call me tomorrow for ECHO, Colour Doppler and TMT.
And gave some pathological test.

#13 deepaksuneja

deepaksuneja

Silver member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

yesterday, I visited cardiologist for test. All reports are normal. Rwma normal n ef 73%. Only MR - trivial. He said all things is all right didnt gave any medicine.

#14 deepaksuneja

deepaksuneja

Silver member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

Can we do anything against these kind of money tempting doctors? Who gives false reports only for money?
Is there any posibility, the report 1st cardiologist gave can be cure through medicine within 4 days?
Can we punish that kind of doctors through Court?

#15 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,046 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I am very happy to hear that your last test results turned out so good.

Let us know how things continue to go.
Denise
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heart, echo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users