- 2 10 x 7.5-cm pieces’ dashi-kombu (about 6 grams)
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup dashi
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon bonito flakes
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup 1.25 cm cubes mushrooms (such as king oyster or stemmed shiitakes)
- 1 12-ounce package tofu, cut into 3 cm - to 3.75 cubes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped mizuna
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger.
- Place dashi-kombu in medium saucepan. Add 4 cups water and let soak 2 hours. Remove dashi-kombu; reserve dashi-kombu broth.
- Mix dashi, soy sauce, and mirin in small saucepan. Bring to simmer. Add 1 teaspoon bonito flakes. Strain sauce into medium microwave-safe bowl. DO AHEAD Dashi-kombu broth and dashi dipping sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately and chill.
- Place green onion in small bowl. Add enough water to cover. Let stand 5 minutes, then drain well. Bring dashi-kombu broth to simmer in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and simmer until almost tender, about 3 minutes. Add tofu and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add mizuna and simmer until just wilted, about 1 minute. Rewarm dashi dipping sauce in microwave. Divide between 2 shallow soup bowls. Using slotted spoon, divide tofu, mushrooms, and mizuna between bowls. Sprinkle green onion and ginger over and serve.
HIDE NUTRITIONAL CONTENT One serving contains the following: Calories (kcal) 160.1 %Calories from Fat 26.7 Fat (g) 4.7 Saturated Fat (g) 0.7 Cholesterol (mg) 0
Carbohydrates (g) 12.6 Dietary Fibre (g) 2.6 Total Sugars (g) 5.2 Net Carbs (g) 10.0 Protein (g) 13.2