How to Make Dairy-Free Chocolate-Blackberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1½ cups cashews (soaked for 3-4 hours or overnight)
- ½ can coconut cream
- 2 TBSP cup maple syrup
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- juice ½ lemon
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- ¼ cup almond milk or any plant milk
- For the base: in a bowl, mix together base ingredients with a fork until they become slightly wet and sticky. don't worry if the mixture is too dry, keep mixing and it will come together. Do not over mix as it can become too wet.
- Press down evenly into the base of a lined square baking dish and set aside.
- For the filling add all the filling ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over base and smooth out with spatula and place in the freezer to set (about 3 hours).
- Once the filling is hard, meltdown dark chocolate over low heat and mix with almond milk until smooth.
- Pour over blackberry filling and smooth out until evenly coated. Freeze again until chocolate is set. Store in the fridge for best texture.