Welcome Friends ~ Old and New :-)

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#16 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:13 PM

LOL Julia, I didn't think it'd take you long to figure things out.
Teresa, welcome! I see by your profile that you have 2 grandsons, I do too and mine are close in age to yours - they're 1 and 4 (both birthdays in January). Unfortunately, I also share a strong family history of Heart Disease with you.
Have fun navigating around the site.
Denise
  • Aspicroro likes this
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")

#17 Guest_andreaf_*

Guest_andreaf_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:21 PM

Teri, how did you ever figure out to click at the end of the text to get color?
You may not be blonde after all!! lol

#18 Guest_andreaf_*

Guest_andreaf_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:23 PM

in fact, I'm feeling blonder by the minute, cause I cannot figure out how to get the picture to work. I even turned off my firewall and everything. any words of wisdom I need to know?

#19 Kali14

Kali14

Titanium member

• Members
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, good mystery movies, reading

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:31 PM

Welcome Julia. Are there enough smileys here for you? :D

And welcome Teresa. I'm still working on that scanner but will get a picture to you when I can. Oh--so much to do and learn and so little time. :unsure: (the look of bewilderment)

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Kali</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly...</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Everyone has a photographic memory.
Some, like me, just don't have any film.
</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Remember, once you get over the hill, you will begin to pick up speed</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I know that God won't give me more than I can handle but there are times I wish he didn't trust me quite so much.</span>[/B]

#20 Denisefh

Denisefh

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:37 PM

Andrea,
Since I don't know your picture problem, the only hint I can give you is Pixel sixe. When we were playing on this site before it went live, even though it says it automatically adjusts your pic size, that didn't work for me. I had to downsize my photo to the dimensions they tell you to, and also my Avatar (I've GOT to look that word up in the dictionary). The Avatar has to be no bigger than 64x64, that one I remember...I don't remember the pixels of the personal photo for our profile.
Hope this helps! :D
Denise
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".

#21 smokey60

smokey60

Silver member

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Grandkids (I have 2 grandsons-ages 1 &amp; 3)<br>Crafting<br>Reading

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:39 PM

Thanks Denise & Shakabreeze for the welcome. I have been frequenting another board. I do know some of the people who are registered here. I look forward to getting to know everyone! Teresa

#22 ttmag

ttmag

Titanium member

• Members
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:47 PM

:o :lol: What a pleasant surprise!! Thanks for the warm welcome!! Love to all,tt
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways,acknowledge Him,and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5-6

#23 Kali14

Kali14

Titanium member

• Members
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, good mystery movies, reading

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:51 PM

Maybe that's my problem--the blonde hair. Think if I do it brown it will help?

Firewall?? I have a firewall? These terms just blow me away! I have a book here, AOL for dummies. Think it's time I read it.
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Kali</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly...</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Everyone has a photographic memory.
Some, like me, just don't have any film.
</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Remember, once you get over the hill, you will begin to pick up speed</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I know that God won't give me more than I can handle but there are times I wish he didn't trust me quite so much.</span>[/B]

#24 Shakabreeze

Shakabreeze

Titanium member

• Members
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 05:19 PM

HEY tt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So very psyched to see you here. Welcome. Hope you enjoy yourself as we all find our ways around. It is fun though. :wub: B) :P ;)
Shaka is a Hawaiian offering, a fist in the air with the pinkie and thumb out waving back and forth at the wrist. Symbol of good will, good things, a positive strength and hope for the good in life. Breeze comes from ocean breeze: also positive, empowering, enveloping, enriching, relaxing and, above all, comforting.

#25 ttmag

ttmag

Titanium member

• Members
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 09:16 PM

:D Thank you Shaka!!! I think this will do nicely!! :lol: tt
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways,acknowledge Him,and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5-6

#26 Guest_Sunshine54_*

Guest_Sunshine54_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:01 PM

Hi to everyone....nice to be here

#27 Denisefh

Denisefh

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:05 PM

Hello Sunshine, and welcome! B) It's good to see you here.
Denise

#28 Shakabreeze

Shakabreeze

Titanium member

• Members
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:16 PM

:D Hi Sunshine. Glad you found us. Hope today has been a good day for you and yours. I am thinking of you and your family.
Shaka is a Hawaiian offering, a fist in the air with the pinkie and thumb out waving back and forth at the wrist. Symbol of good will, good things, a positive strength and hope for the good in life. Breeze comes from ocean breeze: also positive, empowering, enveloping, enriching, relaxing and, above all, comforting.

#29 cje1234

cje1234

Platinum member

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 08:02 AM

wow I'll have to get my head round all these gizmos. seems like a great board with all the old friends and no doubt new ones too. :rolleyes:

#30 Shakabreeze

Shakabreeze

Titanium member

• Members
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 09:30 AM

B) Yep.....lots of gizmos and adventures cje... Welcome.. Dive in. It is lots of fun.