Photo

A HEARTY WELCOME

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_andreaf_*

Guest_andreaf_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:34 AM

That sounds interesting, Jerry, I'm a linguini fan....can you give us the details?

I have to admit I am not a "recipe" cook; I generally just eyeball stuff and hope for the best lol :P

I hope everyone has made a visit to Gilbert's area; there is a terrific recipe for salmon pate there and I know alot of us are big on salmon (as we should be!)

I really enjoy this food thread.
Thanks, Sharon and Teri.

keep up the good work ;)

andrea

#32 Guest_andreaf_*

Guest_andreaf_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:37 AM

Well, I hit Close All Tags and there they are, I am still stumbling around this site like a blind woman ha ha :D

#33 Kali14

Kali14

Titanium member

• Members
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, good mystery movies, reading

Posted 09 April 2004 - 01:09 PM

Well Jerry, we're waiting. You can't just tease us like that and then not share.LOL
Recipie, please!!

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Kali</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly...</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Everyone has a photographic memory.
Some, like me, just don't have any film.
</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Remember, once you get over the hill, you will begin to pick up speed</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I know that God won't give me more than I can handle but there are times I wish he didn't trust me quite so much.</span>[/B]

#34 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts
  • Interests:I'm into my family A LOT :), as you will notice that I mention, or refer to them frequently. :-) I'm a fairly great cook when given wide berth and love to try any and all recipes!Gardening is my main outdoor activity and I have plenty of flowers everywhere, except we do have 2 dogs, Shellie, the Puppy and Sam the Golden Retriever-&amp; they both like to garden as well. : ) Petey &amp; Pookie, my cockatiels are nesting on their first batch of 4 eggs and I'm not sure any will hatch this time, but they are giving it their true best! So along with Swimming, Reading ,Crosswords, crocheting, etc...Hugs, Teri

Posted 09 April 2004 - 01:18 PM

:P

Andrea, you are a cook after my own heart!...that's why I find it difficult to put measurements down sometimes. :D The parmesian cheese if used in extreme moderation can be used per" AMA 1997 cook book"-how that stands now, I'm not sure...Anyone??? And that dish sounds really wonderful!! :D

Jerry, it appears that you have us all lined up in a row waiting for your recipe!! Can you hear us banging our spoons and cups against the computer screen?? :lol:

Hugs, Teri!! and Happy Easter Everyone!! :)
"Because he is he and I am I"...E.V.Lucas

"I'm so excited and I just can't hide it"... The Pointer Sisters

"You Light up my Life"...Debbie Boone

#35 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts
  • Interests:I'm into my family A LOT :), as you will notice that I mention, or refer to them frequently. :-) I'm a fairly great cook when given wide berth and love to try any and all recipes!Gardening is my main outdoor activity and I have plenty of flowers everywhere, except we do have 2 dogs, Shellie, the Puppy and Sam the Golden Retriever-&amp; they both like to garden as well. : ) Petey &amp; Pookie, my cockatiels are nesting on their first batch of 4 eggs and I'm not sure any will hatch this time, but they are giving it their true best! So along with Swimming, Reading ,Crosswords, crocheting, etc...Hugs, Teri

Posted 10 April 2004 - 08:26 AM

I found some of my recipes that I printed out from another site, but not all of them, so if any of you copied any and would like to share them here...just give the one who offered up the recipe the credit!! :P

Hugs, Teri :P

#36 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 08:55 AM

QUICK TOMATO SAUCE FOR MARINARA, OR SPAGHETTI SAUCE

Olive oil
2-4 cloves of chopped or pressed garlic
2-3 tsps. of Oregano (dried)
1 tsp. crushed Red Pepper
Pinch of Basil
Pinch of Thyme
1/4-1/2 sweet onion, diced
1/4 green pepper, or red
Ground Fresh Black Pepper to taste
(Salt is optional)

Sautee crushed red pepper and oregano in olive oil for about 30 sec.-1 minute on high temp.-do not burn. Add onion and green/red pepper and lower heat. Cook til wilted. Add garlic and the rest of seasonings. Cook about 30 sec. then add can of crushed tomatoes and cook about 10 minutes med.low heat.

Serve over spaghetti noodles, or with anything you would normally put a marinara type sauce on. Serve with a sala Lg. can of crushed tomatoes in puree (ABOUT 28-32 OZ.)

HAPPY EATING!!
TERI :P

#37 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:58 AM

:P I'll be back later today!! Hugs to all, Teri :)

#38 ttmag

ttmag

Titanium member

• Members
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:08 PM

I am going to try Gilberts Salmon Pate recipe. Sounds wonderful!! Here is a tuna pate recipe that is similiar. This one doesnt call for that wonderful "Wrights"hickory smoke but it is pretty good. tt

TUNA PATE

2 8oz.cream cheese(softened and may use low fat cream cheese)
2 small cans tuna
2 tablespoons parsley flakes
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 tablespoon chilli sauce
4 drops hot sauce(or more depending on your taste)
Directions: Shred tuna with fork. Combine all ingredients. Put tuna in last. Mix well.Chill at least 4 hours.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways,acknowledge Him,and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5-6

#39 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 11:09 PM

:P tt, that sounds great!! I just happen to have some tuna around here-I'll have to try that soon! Thank you for the recipe! Hugs, Love and prayers, Teri :P

#40 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 12:38 PM

:P :P :P

Thank you everyone for all your input to this section and all the others here at Food Ideas and Healthy recipes!!!

Please keep your thoughts and ideas along with any helpful hints coming in this direction! Even if it's a one liner, don't be afraid here...life is an adventure and guess what? we are all in it together!! :blink:

If you'd be more comfortable having someone else post your thoughts or recipes, just email me, or my partner Kali, we'd be more than happy to get your name up here in lights!! :P

Thank you all once again!- Hugs and Love and Happy Eating to You All!!

Teri :rolleyes:

#41 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 10:32 PM

:rolleyes: SHAKA'S EASY CARROT/VEGGIE DIP

Honey Brown mustard
Vinegar (balsamic and apple vinegar)
Dill

To be continued...
B)

#42 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:03 AM

:P Hi to all the newest members to this site that may have been missed-though not intentionally :P and please feel welcome to continue to add to any area here that you want!! Hopefully, you'll keep in touch and let us know what you want us to write more about!! Hugs, Teri :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 10:06 AM

:heart: I see we've added more and more new people to the HeartBoard and anytime ya'll would like to join us we'd welcome your input!! :P

Just stroll around and get yourself acquainted with the board and topics and us and then just jump right in here!!

Hugs and a Hearty welcome to all!! Teri :P

#44 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:27 AM

:P By the way...did anyone see a certain someone :ph34r: ever post HIS Linguini recipe?-did I miss it somewhere here?? :heart:

#45 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:18 AM

:P A great big hearty welcome :) to HeartBoard to all our newest members here!! Feel at home and get your pots and pans ready to join in for some good 'healthy' fun here!! Add your recipes anywhere that they seem to fit in and offer any tidbits, or healthy ideas that you use in your own home and in your lives!! With big welcoming Hugs, :wub: Teri :heart: