The Lounge

• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#451 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:14 PM

Jan,
Yes it's wonderful getting to meet new people!

Irene,
I put my recipe in the recipe forum. If someone wants to try it, I suggest they cut it in half unless they want a LOT! We're going to have leftovers for a while, lol, I hadn't made it for about a year and forgot how huge that casserole ends up.
Denise
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")

#452 Chaz

Chaz

Titanium member

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Location:Salt Lake City, UT on occassion the rest of the time I am not really sure but , no matter, I always seem to return to here which at the moment is SLC.
  • Interests:Reading, playing the piano, listening to great music of all kinds- that fairly new Beatles CD created for Cirque de Soleil. But I also love to listen to Bach, Mozart- his Requiem which ironically
    enough he wrote while dying( he could hear it faster than he could write it down!), Messeian-Quators de la fin de Temp especially, Debussey, Pucinni, Shoenburg, Adams, Janacek, Chopin- the Etudes esp., almost all chamber music and of course Beethoven who wrote nothing I do not like.

Meditating, a scholar of the scriptures and English/American Literature combined with critical theory and archetype vis a vis Carl Jung,

The mountains and all their splendor for the absolute serenity they own and the balancing of my life they freely give. I love hiking especially with may family. altough these are baby step walks now. Anything to do or play with my grand babies-7 and counting; the most recent a precious little girl named Isabelle but I shall call her Belle. But without doubt and best of all I love just being with my family and listening to three generations of sweet chatter.

Finally and circumscribing all is my faith in Jesus Christ and His Gospel; His perfect way of succoring us and the tender mercies that flow freely and without reservation. in the midst of my enemies and afflictions He has anointed my head with oil and through suffering and loss he is teaching me the unending power of love. He is the rock without which I could not have endured these past ten years and all the tragedy, death and suffering that has so unrelentingly afflicted my family and myself.

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:35 AM

Si!SiSi! Mas frejole pour favor!!!. I made a really good layered bean deep recently with an added surprise of mole- superb!!!

Considering that we usually understate our late night adventures here I would give our "tea-totelers" a week at least!!!
:faint: :omg: :eek2:
Chaz- Pepe- Charles

[Nothing that is worth doing can be achieved in our lifetime; therefore, we must be saved by hope. Nothing which is true or beautiful or good makes complete sense in any immediate context of history; therefore, we must be saved by faith. Nothing we do, however virtuous, could be accomplished alone; therefore, we must be saved by love. No virtuous act is quite as virtuous from the standpoint of our friend or foe as it is from our own standpoint; therefore, we must be saved by the final form of love, which is forgiveness.

Arnold Nebhur- Prominent 20th Century Christian Theologists and Philosopher

#453 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:24 PM

Chaz, it looks like you're combining your languages!!

I had to look up mole - I knew you weren't referring to road kill like possum - and what I found says it's a chocolate sauce. Did you use chocolate sauce in a bean dip? That sounds...adventurous. :)

Denise
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")