The Lounge

• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#16 Gordspen

Gordspen

Titanium member

• Members
  • 997 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar and key boards and I love music of any most types. Enjoy writing and debates.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:17 PM

Jammie dodgers are a wonderful biscuit and my favourites Denise, of which I naughtily ate nearly all Pam and Bernard's one day this week when I visited them both, sorry about that Pam. They look like Orio's in shape and size (round) have a pale coloured biscuit type sandwich layer which has Jam in the middle and on the face side of the biscuit you have a small hole showing in the centre of the first layer of the biscuit which shows the Jam. Now the difference between our Jam and your Jelly is simply your Jelly type spread has no fruit in it where as our Jam which is a preserve usually has loads of fruit in it. In the case of Jammie Dodgers I think it is strawberry Jam although I could be wrong? :grouphug2:
We the willing, following the unknowing are doing the impossible. We have done so much for so long with so little that we are now able to do anything with nothing

At my age I do what Mark Twain did. I get my daily paper, look at the obituaries page and if I'm not there I carry on as usual.

Money couldn't buy you friends, but you get a better class of enemy

#17 kevinlippmann

kevinlippmann

Technical Advisor

• +Verified HB Expert
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, my kids, music, computers, and sports.

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:52 AM

:action-smiley-077: Oh no, the Brits are coming, pour me a double espresso! Hey Gordon. Nice to see that I can have a cup o joe and say hello. Jer said you were mulling over the War of 1812. Interesting stuff. Just heard that Paul M did an impromptu 2 hour set in New York city for about 700 people the other night. The reporter covering said event was marveling at the notes Sir McCartney could still hit. Always good to hear from you Gordon! God bless.
"For I am fearfully and wonderfully made!"

#18 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:28 AM

Jamie Dodgers sound delicious!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")

#19 Bernard and Pam

Bernard and Pam

Silver member

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:driving my shetland x welsh pony looking after my grand daughter morgan 17 monthes old she keeps me and pam on our toes, reading and my wife who is fantastic to put up with me, and all my tankie friends

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:45 PM

hi everone got my brew and debating what to do tomorrow the weather as been realy bad here if it fine i can an take my little pony out for a drive as he as not been out , it so thrilling and relaxing at the same time well it time to go and brew up for pam good night all

#20 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,331 posts
  • Interests:Medical, helping others, fishing, boating, my family, video gaming.

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:12 PM

Good Night Bernard and Pam :common076[1]: Have a brew for us also and have a great weekend :signs007[1]:
"Bad things triumphant, when good people do nothing at all"

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha
"So often times it happens, that we live ours life's in chains, and we never even knew we held the key" The Eagles
"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it" Alfred Hitchcock

"We have enough religion to make us hate one another, but not enough to make us love each other" Jonathan Swift

"My heart is ruled by Venus, my head by Mars" Phil Lynott

#21 Denisefh

Denisefh

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

Good night from Seattle too!
I'm assuming a pony is your car, since you said you're going to drive it rather than ride it. We all speak English, but sometimes it's like a different language!
Denise
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".

#22 Gordspen

Gordspen

Titanium member

• Members
  • 997 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar and key boards and I love music of any most types. Enjoy writing and debates.

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:22 PM

Well Denise you got it wrong ha ha ha ha ha Bernard really loves going out on his Pony and Trap. It is a real Pony and a real trap; a small gig I suppose. The Ponies name is Rupert and the horse Bernard has is called Elmo ha ha ha ha but that is the honest truth.

But the use of the word Pony as slang here in the UK means an amount of money equal to 25 British pounds, it was derived they think from the early eighteenth century when the price of a small horse was around 25. The slang word for a car varies depending on where you live, for instance in Liverpool it is called a Danny for some reason.

Kevin, yes it is a really interesting piece of history and yet somehow deliberately forgotten and the various versions that culminate in the same ending are also truly fascinating, one way for all to save face I guess but alas that is in the debate section and not here Kevin. I hope you enjoyed your brew, by the way did you try the scones Kevin.

I wonder if Paul M can recall what he said about being an aging rocker back in the late sixties, I remember how he called those artists over forty at the time. But yes he has been performing his new Album released through Starbucks new Label but unfortunately for him Kev Starbucks are not linked to the sales of records, so here at least if he sold a million it would not show up in the official charts at all. I have heard a few of the tracks and they have been so mediocre,.... as usual. He has not produced anything worthwhile listening to for years..... for me at least. Although like the proverbial fool and fan I buy the rubbish and put it away. Whatever happened to the good stuff he produced like Venus and Mars??

I think I will have a cuppa tea Kev and a piece of toast to go with it. God bless you all, Bernard make room for me on the journey will you if poor old Rupert can pull the two of us!!

:signs046[1]:

God bless
We the willing, following the unknowing are doing the impossible. We have done so much for so long with so little that we are now able to do anything with nothing

At my age I do what Mark Twain did. I get my daily paper, look at the obituaries page and if I'm not there I carry on as usual.

#23 Gordspen

Gordspen

Titanium member

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:32 PM

Kevin,

Michelle got me Paul McCartney's new Album as a present from our wonderful pet Millie for fathers day tomorrow. I sneaked a listen to the whole Album and I gotta tell you Kevin, I think this man thinks he can throw any old tripe out and call it a record, this one stinks as do many of his recent recordings. He is so full of himself he thinks everything he does is a work of art. Another one for the back of the cupboard never to be played again.

Now I do need a cuppa tea just to clear my throat after that, God bless

Attached Files

#24 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,331 posts
  • Interests:Medical, helping others, fishing, boating, my family, video gaming.

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:54 AM

Good day all and Happy Father's Day to whom it applies :horray: . Cathy and I are off with our children or going to where the meeting spot is. They are taking us out to dinner to some fancy place. I shall let you know how wonderful it is when I return later today. :common076[1]:
"Bad things triumphant, when good people do nothing at all"

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha
"So often times it happens, that we live ours life's in chains, and we never even knew we held the key" The Eagles
"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it" Alfred Hitchcock

"We have enough religion to make us hate one another, but not enough to make us love each other" Jonathan Swift

"My heart is ruled by Venus, my head by Mars" Phil Lynott

#25 vickimikeus

vickimikeus

Titanium member

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:I love studying the bible. I am a mother of 3 :ages 18,16,15 I have been married to a truly wonderful man for 17 years. I recently started selling Pampered Chef cookware which is a fun activity for me.

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:21 AM

Happy Father's Day to all our fathers! I hope you all have a relaxing day. I am going to spend the day with my dad for awhile. My upcoming week will be spent hosting 100 teens from all across St. Louis who are coming to my parish to do service projects for our needy and elderly. So I probably won't get on the board much.

:horray:

Vicki

#26 Denisefh

Denisefh

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:19 AM

Wow, Vicki, does it sound like you're going to have a hectic week or what? I hope everything goes smoothly and you have a great time.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the dads out there!

My daughters are fixing dinner for Bob tonight, barbeque I think. We'll have our first bites of beef (only one or two, they're fixing chicken too). Bob's making a salad to take that he's just discovered from an old recipe I've had forever, and which he just loves.

I can't wait to see the grandkids, it's been over a month...because I've been sick.

Should be a wonderful evening.

Denise

#27 gschmitt

gschmitt

Heart and Cardiovascular Disease Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 2,393 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, woodworking, Genealogy. Ballroom dancing. Putting on my lederhosen and going to area German festivals.

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:57 PM

Denise,

How about posting that salad recipe that Bob likes so much.
Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're
here we should dance.

In heaven there is no beer
That's why we're drinking it here
And when we're gone from here
All our friends will be drinking all our beer.

Let the Gemutlichkeit roll on. Ein Prosit.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Aerobics are for those who don't polka.

#28 islandmomma

islandmomma

Titanium member

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:people, travel, VIDEO and COMPUTER GAMES (shhhh...what an admission LOL!)

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:12 PM

Happy Dad's Day to all you Poppas and Grandpoppas!! I bet there will be a lot of fine meals consumed tonight LOL!!

jan
If you find a path without obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere...

Be who you are and say what you feel...

Because those that matter... don't mind...

And those that mind... don't matter.

Unknown

I CAN'T BE LOST BECAUSE I DON'T CARE WHERE I AM GOING!!
by jan

#29 Denisefh

Denisefh

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 02:03 PM

Gilbert,
Actually this recipe is pretty sinful, I think. Guess one could use Cool Whip Light, but it still wouldn't be saintly. We actually can't figure out if it's a salad or a dessert, but it's what we take to pot lucks and the bowl has always been emptied.

1 Cup buttermilk
1 Large package instant vanilla pudding

1 Medium container of Cool Whip

3 Large cans well drained fruit cocktail
1 Large can well drained crushed pineapple
2 Cans well drained mandarin oranges

Stir the buttermilk and the instant pudding together
Stir in the Cool whip
Add the mixture to the fruits, stir well

Refigerate and enjoy!

#30 gschmitt

gschmitt

Heart and Cardiovascular Disease Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 2,393 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, woodworking, Genealogy. Ballroom dancing. Putting on my lederhosen and going to area German festivals.

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:00 PM

Denise,

I see what you mean about sinful. I think it would help some if the canned fruit were packed in juice and not syrup. The fruit is just as sweet but more natural. As for the rest of the recipe I would use the real thing. I always have cultured buttermilk in the fridge. I love the stuff and drink some every night as a source of probiotics like in the yogurt we make. I was first intoduced to buttermilk, both cultured and real, by mom at a very young age. Whenever mom made cornbread, Kentucky style without sugar or flour, I would always fill a glass with brumbled corn bread, pour buttermilk over it and then take a spoon to it. I'll surely make this recipe, thanks.

I decided a long time ago that the fat free, sugar free, low this and that can really do damage to a good recipe. That's one reason I always use the real ingredients but rarely have this type of food. Also since my bypass and ICD, I'll blame the meds here, I have become allergic to all of the allium family (onion, garlic, etc) and artificial sweeteners.
Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're
here we should dance.

In heaven there is no beer
That's why we're drinking it here
And when we're gone from here
All our friends will be drinking all our beer.

Let the Gemutlichkeit roll on. Ein Prosit.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Aerobics are for those who don't polka.