Heartboard's Netiquette Rules

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,331 posts
  • Interests:Medical, helping others, fishing, boating, my family, video gaming.

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

Rule 1: Don't post messages you wouldn't say to a person's face
Rule 2: Lurk before you leap.
Rule 3: Share expert knowledge whenever possible
Rule 4: Respect other people's privacy
Rule 5: Be forgiving of other people's mistakes

**Be Civil.
No personal attacks. If you feel the need to flame someone, please do it in private email. Do not feel compelled to defend your honor in public.

**Stay on Topic.
This is a generally high-traffic group, so please pay attention to the topic of your messages, and check that it still relates to the charter of the forum to which you are posting.

**Ignore Spammers.
Our Moderators are well trained on dealing with these people (if you can call them that!)

**Edit Your Followups!
Do not quote the entire content of the message to which you are replying. Include only as much as is necessary for context. Remember that if someone wants to read the original message, they can; it is easily accessible. A good rule of thumb is, don't include more quoted text than new text. Remember that people also read the posts in digest form where all posts (including followups) are posted in one e-mail.

Your posts are moderated and you may be banned from Heartboard for violating these rules. Please contact the moderator of the forum if you have any questions about these rules.

"Bad things triumphant, when good people do nothing at all"

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha
"So often times it happens, that we live ours life's in chains, and we never even knew we held the key" The Eagles
"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it" Alfred Hitchcock

"We have enough religion to make us hate one another, but not enough to make us love each other" Jonathan Swift

"My heart is ruled by Venus, my head by Mars" Phil Lynott