Welcome Friends ~ Old and New :-)

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:34 AM

Hi cje 1-4, good to see you! Aren't all the bells and whistles fun...
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")

#32 btone_grl

btone_grl

Platinum member

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Music/Band (Baritone! or the fancy way of putting it...Euphonium!)<br />Poetry

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:38 PM

Hi! I'm Teri16's daughter Britt! I have a name on the board now so I can keep everyone updated jsut in case something comes up (lets pray that nothing does) or if i jsut need to talk.

*huggles* :wub:
Britt
Don't forget to always have humor in your life, for humor is the greatest mediccine of the heart...-???

When life gets you down, do you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming! -Finding Nemo

If your life gets a little bit out of tune, don't give up, just pick up your horn and try, try, try, again. -Me

I don't wanna be told to grow up...-Simple Plan "Grow Up"

Never loose that gleam in you eyes, that strength in your heart, and that love for what you do...and even if the judges shoot you down...just stare them in the eyes..and MARCH on...

"A pack is only as strong as it's leader, but, a leader is only as strong as it's pack" -???

#33 Denisefh

Denisefh

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:53 PM

Hi Britt, I feel I already sorta know you :) , it's good to see you here.
By the way, I love your cute Avatar!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".

#34 jan-BC

jan-BC

Titanium member

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:13 PM

Is that what an avatar is!?! Thankyou, Denise...I keep forgetting to ask. Also, a special welcome, Britt. We sure do need these young people with their contemporary knowledge, don't we? And won't we appreciate and learn from them (and them from us, hopefully)?
Jan

#35 Shakabreeze

Shakabreeze

Titanium member

• Members
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:46 PM

They can run circles around us in the computer category at least and who knows what else.

Like your avatar Britt. Some fun. Also like yours Jan.... very peaceful and down to earth.

Britt we are always up for general topics and I hear that the military ball is just around the corner and we old folks want to live vicariously. How about sharing your excitement.
Shaka is a Hawaiian offering, a fist in the air with the pinkie and thumb out waving back and forth at the wrist. Symbol of good will, good things, a positive strength and hope for the good in life. Breeze comes from ocean breeze: also positive, empowering, enveloping, enriching, relaxing and, above all, comforting.

#36 Guest_Ford427so_*

Guest_Ford427so_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2004 - 10:18 AM

:horray:

#37 ttmag

ttmag

Titanium member

• Members
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:54 PM

:D I dont think I have welcomed Sunshine. Welcome Sunshine! Come back and see us. tt
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways,acknowledge Him,and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5-6

#38 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Medical, helping others, fishing, boating, my family, video gaming.

Posted 11 April 2004 - 04:49 PM

Me three, welcome Sunshine and cj, I been really busy and you slip by me, welcome and have fun, Jerry
"Bad things triumphant, when good people do nothing at all"

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha
"So often times it happens, that we live ours life's in chains, and we never even knew we held the key" The Eagles
"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it" Alfred Hitchcock

"We have enough religion to make us hate one another, but not enough to make us love each other" Jonathan Swift

"My heart is ruled by Venus, my head by Mars" Phil Lynott

#39 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts
  • Interests:I'm into my family A LOT :), as you will notice that I mention, or refer to them frequently. :-) I'm a fairly great cook when given wide berth and love to try any and all recipes!Gardening is my main outdoor activity and I have plenty of flowers everywhere, except we do have 2 dogs, Shellie, the Puppy and Sam the Golden Retriever-&amp; they both like to garden as well. : ) Petey &amp; Pookie, my cockatiels are nesting on their first batch of 4 eggs and I'm not sure any will hatch this time, but they are giving it their true best! So along with Swimming, Reading ,Crosswords, crocheting, etc...Hugs, Teri

Posted 11 April 2004 - 09:17 PM

:P Hi and Welcome to all our new family members!! Hope ya'll just pull up a chair and join us for a very long time!! If you all have any problems with anything, feel free to ask...click on one of our names here and it'll take you to the bio section with email and PM's (personal messages)...otherwise, just join in any conversation and have fun-It's just great to see ya!!

Welcome and Hugs, Teri
:P
"Because he is he and I am I"...E.V.Lucas

"I'm so excited and I just can't hide it"... The Pointer Sisters

"You Light up my Life"...Debbie Boone

#40 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts
  • Interests:I'm into my family A LOT :), as you will notice that I mention, or refer to them frequently. :-) I'm a fairly great cook when given wide berth and love to try any and all recipes!Gardening is my main outdoor activity and I have plenty of flowers everywhere, except we do have 2 dogs, Shellie, the Puppy and Sam the Golden Retriever-&amp; they both like to garden as well. : ) Petey &amp; Pookie, my cockatiels are nesting on their first batch of 4 eggs and I'm not sure any will hatch this time, but they are giving it their true best! So along with Swimming, Reading ,Crosswords, crocheting, etc...Hugs, Teri

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:47 AM

:P

I just keep seeing new faces here and all around the board and just wanted to make sure that you all know that we truly Welcome you with open arms!!

Hugs, Teri :heart:

#41 jan-BC

jan-BC

Titanium member

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 12:47 PM

Welcome, bj and any of the other "newbies" I've missed. Glad to have you with us and, as Teri says, feel free to ask for anything you need...
Jan

#42 MrsR

MrsR

Titanium member

• Members
  • 1,371 posts
  • Interests:&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Sitting on my tuffet.

Posted 02 May 2004 - 02:58 PM

Hello

What a wonderful place this is, the people are extremely cordial, and the whole atmosphere is so welcoming. Almost like sitting on someones front porch enjoying a visit with good folks.

Although new to posting here I have been following the last three boards pretty faithfully for the last three and a half years,occaisionally would post on the Heart Center as "Canuck Cathy". Have noticed most of your arrivals over the past years and must say this group of people seem to be the best of the bunch. It is a pleasant change not to have to read about people saying hurtful things to each other or starting fights. Don't we have enough stress in our lives living with heart disease. I think so.

I have come on the the chat twice now and was really amazed at how being a stranger I was instantly welcomed into the flock. Thanks guys, I enjoyed meeting you and having fun. I am even a surrogate mother already. LOL.

Blessings to all,

Cathy

MISS MUFFET

Miss Muffet was a real girl who lived in England about 400 years ago. Her name was Patience, and her father was Dr. Thomas Muffet. He thought that swallowing spiders like pills would make sick people get better.

Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths?

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways."

Well life will go on and then some day it won't. Master Chaz.

#43 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 03:11 PM

:P Welcome, Cathy! I remember you well from a chat conversation last week-very nice to meet you!- and we would enjoy hearing your thoughts and ideas...so just jump right in whenever you feel comfortable! Hugs, Teri :heart:

#44 jan-BC

jan-BC

Titanium member

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 03:15 PM

Cathy, thank you for your kind words! Having been here only a couple of months myself, I know just what you mean. You have been such fun in chat that we hope you come often (I think the calendar needs adjusting as it is posted one day a week but the description specifies another day...perhaps we can get this clarified). I am so glad that you have decided to post on the site (have been a "lurker" myself on other sites and this is just much more fun). Again, welcome onboard to the good ship, Heartboard, Cathy! I feel especially pleased to welcome a fellow Canuck.

Jan

#45 Denisefh

Denisefh

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 03:40 PM

Hello Cathy, and welcome! So YOU'RE the elusive Mrs. R who showed up in chat one evening and someone thought was her mother, LOL. I heard about it but wasn't there that time, seems like you and your "daughter" had a nice visit...too funny. :P
It's good to see you here, and you're so right about the people - they are a special blend of warm hearted souls.
Denise