Some Board Changes

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Medical, helping others, fishing, boating, my family, video gaming.

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:58 PM

In the upcoming days, the site will be going through a major reformatting. You might see changes due to this, and I just wanted to let you know to expect these. These changes are necessary so please bear with us as we go through this process.

The Forums and the posts will remain as they are,so there shouldn't be any problems for you there.

Thank you all very much,
Jerry/Noxcuse

"Bad things triumphant, when good people do nothing at all"

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha
"So often times it happens, that we live ours life's in chains, and we never even knew we held the key" The Eagles
"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it" Alfred Hitchcock

"We have enough religion to make us hate one another, but not enough to make us love each other" Jonathan Swift

"My heart is ruled by Venus, my head by Mars" Phil Lynott

#2 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:33 AM

Well as everyone can see, some of our new sponsors are now involved with Heartboard. I hope this is not any inconvenience or trouble of any kind to you during this transition. This is part of becoming a bigger picture on the Internet to help reach our fellow man or woman with heart problems of any kind.
I ask one thing of our members, please, to help us find out which sponsors stay and which won't. These sponsors are willing to stick their neck out to help us reach the masses. In return, I ask that you visit any sites of interest.This process of different sponsors trying us out will rotate for 90 days or so. We will then find out through statistics, showing how many times their ads were clicked on, which ones can help us the most and those who cannot.
All the links of our sponsors are protected with anti-virus software so they are safe to visit. If no one visits, then like some of our other sponsors we attempted they will pull out. Obviously for Heartboard, it is in our best interest to have as many sponsors as possible. So visit as many of them as you like and even send me an email if you think a particular one is exceptional.
I hope I did an ok job of keeping this explanation simple and understandable. Please feel free to contact me or one of our moderators if you have any questions. Thanks everyone. :common076[1]:

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha
"So often times it happens, that we live ours life's in chains, and we never even knew we held the key" The Eagles
"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it" Alfred Hitchcock

"We have enough religion to make us hate one another, but not enough to make us love each other" Jonathan Swift

#3 islandmomma

islandmomma

Titanium member

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:people, travel, VIDEO and COMPUTER GAMES (shhhh...what an admission LOL!)

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:09 PM

Thanks Jerry. It all looks great to me and the sites are SO relevant!! I also like the Canadian content :)!

jan
If you find a path without obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere...

Be who you are and say what you feel...

Because those that matter... don't mind...

And those that mind... don't matter.

Unknown

I CAN'T BE LOST BECAUSE I DON'T CARE WHERE I AM GOING!!
by jan

#4 ireneo

ireneo

Titanium member

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Books, working with wildlife, fishing, chocolate!

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:55 PM

I've looked around now and don't see any sponsors on the screen. I love my iMac because it's easy to use but it sure doesn't fit in with the rest of the world. Can't see the sponsors, can't use the emoticons, at Cleveland Clinic board I get all kinds of profile squares scattered across the screen. Very weird. I'm just not ready to give up my Apple (didn't someone else say that in the garden of Eden?)
Life has no meaning except for the impact you have on other people

#5 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:27 PM

Ok, I just turned on our Mac to check and everything works fine, so I do not know what to tell you. I will ask some people to see if they know the answer. Their 1st question will be what kind of Mac do you have so can you send me that info please.

#6 ireneo

ireneo

Titanium member

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Books, working with wildlife, fishing, chocolate!

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:44 PM

All I know is it's an iMac and has OS 9 and OS X (10). We started out using OS9 then got brave and switched to OS X. Not long ago we downloaded or upgraded or whatever you call it to OS 10 point something. It was OS 10.1 but now it's higher than that.

As for MedHelp (Cleveland Clinic site) it seems I'm the only one getting all those profile boxes on the screen. I did visit the site at work (a regular computer) and was able to make some preference changes that followed over to my computer (it's based on my screen name and password I guess) but there was no choice for profile info being shown or not. Oh well, it's not my most favorite place to visit but there is a lot of information about heart problems. Then again, I tend to just ignore mine. That's going to bite me in the fanny one of these days.
Life has no meaning except for the impact you have on other people

#7 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:39 PM

Irene,
It's too bad you can't see the sponsors because many of them are for sites that have a lot of information about heart disease.
Here are a few of them that I can see right now on this page (they do rotate so every time one pulls up a new page on our site, different sponsors show up).
http://www.or-live.c...y_heart_disease
http://www.hearthope.com/
http://www.preventio.....heart disease

My computer won't let me copy their ads so I had to go to their websites and get their URL.
The first is titled: coronary heart disease, 24/7 access to surgical videos lf latest patient treatment options.
The next one: End-stage heart failure, left ventricular assist device may increase survival in some patients.
The last: Coronary Heart Disease, signs, symptoms for men & women. Learn more at Prevention.com

This is just a sampling of what's been showing up around on the site. It will help a lot if your computer will cooperate, lol, and let you see the ads.

Also, on our main page at the top right are links the site has had for a long time:
COMMUNITY LINKS
Cardiology News
MedlinePlus
News-Medical
Disease Database
Drug Interactions
Drug Information
Reference Desk

Anyway, it looks like we're starting to get access to more medical information from experts as time goes by.

Good luck!
Denise
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")

#8 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:46 AM

In case I was not clear we are almost at our (1st) 30 day period with sponsers. It is very important if not critical that you visit some of the sites you would like to stay. Of course, do not click on one's that do not interest you or you think will help the site. All site's from sponsers are safe to visit. It is up to all of you on who stays and who does not. After 90 days they will give us the results. Thank you for your help.

#9 flycaster305

flycaster305

Titanium member

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Interests:I'm pretty busy volunteering in a hospital, a school, and still work part time

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:24 PM

In case I was not clear we are almost at our (1st) 30 day period with sponsers. It is very important if not critical that you visit some of the sites you would like to stay. Of course, do not click on one's that do not interest you or you think will help the site. All site's from sponsers are safe to visit. It is up to all of you on who stays and who does not. After 90 days they will give us the results. Thank you for your help.

Just a note about sponsors... probably anyone interested in genealogy knows about ancestry.com, but it's a wonderful service. I subscribe and can attest to it's value, I can look up the ships my relatives used to come to this country, find them in US Census back to 1790. It's a great site and worthy of your patronage if you have the interest.
If it looks like a duck and it walks like a duck and it sounds like a duck... it's a duck!

#10 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 31 July 2007 - 11:05 PM

Thanks, flycaster, I'll give it a try. I've been trying to get information on my grandparents who came to this country from Hungary. I tried on the Ellis Island site, but that is very confusing. Also, there's very good possibility they changed their name when they came to this country, which makes it almost impossible.

I'd still like to find out about them, hopefully the site you mention will be able to help.

Denise

I found the ancestry.com site through one of our sponsors...Family history
Want Family history? Find Family history Here.
www.geneologys.info

Edited by Denisefh, 31 July 2007 - 11:10 PM.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")

#11 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

Thanks flycaster, I will note that's one that can stay :common076[1]: Anyone else see something they like let me know. I really would only like to have sponsers that people care about. Thanks again :signs007[1]:

#12 gschmitt

gschmitt

Heart and Cardiovascular Disease Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 2,393 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, woodworking, Genealogy. Ballroom dancing. Putting on my lederhosen and going to area German festivals.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

I've been doing genealogy since 1980 and have used Ancestry since they have been available. I no longer have to subscribe since the local genealogy society subscribes to it. Ancestry is the only pay site that I have used and liked.
Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're
here we should dance.

In heaven there is no beer
That's why we're drinking it here
And when we're gone from here
All our friends will be drinking all our beer.

Let the Gemutlichkeit roll on. Ein Prosit.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Aerobics are for those who don't polka.

#13 Patoolla

Patoolla

Titanium member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • Interests:Country music and dance, Grandbabes, My dog, Peppy, a Bichon Frise, the internet.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

I really enjoy Ancestry.com too. I am also working on geneology!