The Lounge

• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#1 Gordspen

Gordspen

Titanium member

• Members
  • 997 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar and key boards and I love music of any most types. Enjoy writing and debates.

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

Hello and welcome to The Lounge a place where we hope that everyone can enjoy themselves and chat together in a nonsensical way and have a laugh and giggle together, about every day occurrences that happen all around us anywhere in the world. Jokes aloud folks. :signs046[1]:
We the willing, following the unknowing are doing the impossible. We have done so much for so long with so little that we are now able to do anything with nothing

At my age I do what Mark Twain did. I get my daily paper, look at the obituaries page and if I'm not there I carry on as usual.

Money couldn't buy you friends, but you get a better class of enemy

#2 islandmomma

islandmomma

Titanium member

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:people, travel, VIDEO and COMPUTER GAMES (shhhh...what an admission LOL!)

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:59 AM

I like this Gord and will have a cuppa with you to start...RedRose tea only LOL.

jan
If you find a path without obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere...

Be who you are and say what you feel...

Because those that matter... don't mind...

And those that mind... don't matter.

Unknown

I CAN'T BE LOST BECAUSE I DON'T CARE WHERE I AM GOING!!
by jan

#3 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 12 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

Well, being in Seattle, I'll just consider this forum the local Starbucks! Relaxing and laid back.
(LOL have you ever accidentally had your arm rest on the keyboard, I just watched a whole bunch of hyphens going across my post until I realized what was going on).
Denise
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")

#4 Bernard and Pam

Bernard and Pam

Silver member

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:driving my shetland x welsh pony looking after my grand daughter morgan 17 monthes old she keeps me and pam on our toes, reading and my wife who is fantastic to put up with me, and all my tankie friends

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:25 PM

Well, being in Seattle, I'll just consider this forum the local Starbucks! Relaxing and laid back.
(LOL have you ever accidentally had your arm rest on the keyboard, I just watched a whole bunch of hyphens going across my post until I realized what was going on).
Denise

well spenner finally got my tea and decided to vist you and your friends still remember gypsy gold is black and white and neighs in the night

#5 Gordspen

Gordspen

Titanium member

• Members
  • 997 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar and key boards and I love music of any most types. Enjoy writing and debates.

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:44 PM

Jan, what is red rose tea, is that the brand of tea or is that what the tea is?? Now that is interesting already ha ha ha ha ha

Denise Starbucks is an international concern isn't it? In fact hasn't Paul McCartney just released his latest album through Starbucks?? Unfortunately for the 64 year-old, Starbucks' 533 UK stores do not provide sales data to the Official Charts Company - so any CD's purchased there will not count to the album's chart position. Oooooooops Sir Paul seems his luck just isn't in today, it was reported that Heather wants to give Sir Paul a birthday present and wish?????

I have a habit of trying to type as fast as i CAN AND OFTEN HIT THE WRONG KEYS and what is worse I have to type with my head down and when I look up I note that I have once again hit the CAPS lock as you can see, it gets on my nerves, have you ever done that???????

Our Favourite cup of tea is called "fair trades gold premium" all to do with paying tea growers a fair price for their tea. Other tea we like includes, P.G tips, and Typhoo and I quite like Lippmann's although sadly for Kevin he is not related to the company owners, or is he?? Tea here in the UK is always served hot, boiling water usually poured over a tea bag in a cup or if like me you like the old fashioned tea pot. Traditionally when made in the pot, loose tea leaves (crushed as in the tea bag) are put into the pot usually one tea spoon of tea leaves for every person you are serving and one for the pot. The tea is then left to what we call brew and then poured using a tea strainer into the cup. It is said somewhere that you should never put your milk in first and that you should always pour the tea first and add the milk or cream second. Something to do with the tannins in the tea, but I can't remember what it is. Maybe some one else will know the answer to that one. :signs007[1]:

Attached Files

We the willing, following the unknowing are doing the impossible. We have done so much for so long with so little that we are now able to do anything with nothing

At my age I do what Mark Twain did. I get my daily paper, look at the obituaries page and if I'm not there I carry on as usual.

#6 ireneo

ireneo

Titanium member

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Books, working with wildlife, fishing, chocolate!

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:43 PM

Is hot chocolate allowed here? I've never acquired a taste for coffee except occasional coffee ice cream. Tea upsets my stomach unless it's herbal and those aren't all that terrific. But hot chocolate with a bit of peppermint and a squirt of whipped cream on top? Yummy. I only indulge during the winter months though so what shall I have today? Ah yes, my glass of water. Yippee. Long day at work and I'm fried. 'Night all.
Life has no meaning except for the impact you have on other people

#7 Gordspen

Gordspen

Titanium member

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:44 AM

Chocolate is fine Ireno, just hang on while I go and get you a mug .......................................... I hope there is enough milk in it for you, if not just let me know and I will change it for another...........

Attached Files

#8 ireneo

ireneo

Titanium member

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Books, working with wildlife, fishing, chocolate!

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:35 AM

Yum! This morning is a bit cool outside and overcast (what else should I expect in the NW?) Hot chocolate sounds good right now. But I should be a good girl and have breakfast first. Wanted to sleep in since it's my day off but woke up at 5:45 as usual. Oh well. Got a lot done already. Now just dropping in to say hi. HI!!
Life has no meaning except for the impact you have on other people

#9 islandmomma

islandmomma

Titanium member

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:people, travel, VIDEO and COMPUTER GAMES (shhhh...what an admission LOL!)

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:26 PM

I'll join you in the hot chocolate (or cocoa to you Brits), so long as it has marshmallows in it :)!! Red Rose tea, Gordon, is the "tea that dares to be known by good taste alone" LOL. It has been around in Canada for more than 6 or 7 decades and tends to advertise by showing a traditional English family drinking it and asking if they can get some there, only to be told, "only in Canada". The actors in the commercials invariably respond "What a pity!" in a strong English accent.

If you send me your address, I will send you a teadbag or two to try. I like it better than any others too, including Earl Grey and some of the other popular ones.

jan
If you find a path without obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere...

Be who you are and say what you feel...

Because those that matter... don't mind...

And those that mind... don't matter.

Unknown

I CAN'T BE LOST BECAUSE I DON'T CARE WHERE I AM GOING!!
by jan

#10 Gordspen

Gordspen

Titanium member

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:12 PM

Jan,

I hate Earl Grey, or any perfumed tea and have always wondered how on earth people can say they like it, would you drink perfume, I wouldn't.

We have so may types of tea available here, because as you know we Brits never work without our tea breaks, we have traditional teas, China tea, Indian tea, Dutch tea and it goes on and on. Did you know it was the Dutch who where the first people in the Western world to drink tea as we know tea.

This might surprise you though, there is a difference between cocoa and chocolate, I much prefer cocoa myself, so now you know.

Here is some inside information for you "Gypsy Gold" are horses; it is how a Gypsies wealth was originally measured. I suppose today although Gypsies still keep horses and trade in horses their wealth will be somewhat measured by the size of their pockets. And of course as we should all know Starbucks is or I think it is a chain of posh cafes or eateries across the world who are now involved in record publishing, but alas they have no tie with any of the formal charts so none of the sales from these places are counted towards the top 100 album listings.

Just had the most lovely cuppa tea with my digestive biscuit. God bless all. :signs007[1]:

#11 beachjay

beachjay

Titanium member

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:reading (mainly mysteries), walking , travelling and I would have added computing but I am having such a hard time with this site I obviously do not know much about computing!

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:54 AM

Thanks for the info. Gordon. Hopefully I will be organized enough to catch up with the posts later today! Have a good day all!
Jacky
' It really got me down until I got to thinking, hey, I can't do what I used to do so don't worry about it.....do your best, know you are doing your best and the rest falls into place'

Excerpt from shelbysdad.

#12 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Medical, helping others, fishing, boating, my family, video gaming.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:59 AM

Sorry for the topic screw up. I thought the program would have remember the settings when I moved the topic, but obviously not. Hope it works correctly for you now.

Jerry

"Bad things triumphant, when good people do nothing at all"

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha
"So often times it happens, that we live ours life's in chains, and we never even knew we held the key" The Eagles
"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it" Alfred Hitchcock

"We have enough religion to make us hate one another, but not enough to make us love each other" Jonathan Swift

"My heart is ruled by Venus, my head by Mars" Phil Lynott

#13 Gordspen

Gordspen

Titanium member

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:20 AM

Hopefully you are right Jerry, I am about to have a cuppa after starting a debate about a forgotten war ha ha ha ha ha God help it when they start.

O.....h........oh that tastes good Jerry now where is my digestive.

:common076[1]:

#14 Bernard and Pam

Bernard and Pam

Silver member

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:driving my shetland x welsh pony looking after my grand daughter morgan 17 monthes old she keeps me and pam on our toes, reading and my wife who is fantastic to put up with me, and all my tankie friends

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:13 PM

Hopefully you are right Jerry, I am about to have a cuppa after starting a debate about a forgotten war ha ha ha ha ha God help it when they start.

O.....h........oh that tastes good Jerry now where is my digestive.

:common076[1]:

I was just settling down with my coffee ready to peruse the forums, but what do I find... no biscuits, because gordon has eaten all the jammie dodgers on his last visit :omg:

#15 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:24 PM

Okay, Bernard and Pam, I hate to ask...but what are jammie dodgers?
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")