Good Morning

• Please log in to reply
529 replies to this topic

#16 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:57 AM

Thanks for the comments on the kids! I didn't know an avatar could be expanded! I'll have to figure out how to do that...but I'm sorry it looks crummy bigger, I've got to find a better one and then see if I can manage to fumble my way to getting it on here. (The only way now I can figure out how to make it bigger is to use a magnifying glass, lol, but there must be a more technical way).
I join you in wishing everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Denise
  • Aspicroro likes this
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")

#17 heartangel

heartangel

General Discussion Moderator

• Members
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:19 PM

Happy 2007 may it be Healthy,Happy, Safe for yuo all and remember to click yuor seatbelt on if yuo go out too and be careful we want all of you back on HB safe and sound.
Denise I love the pics of yur kids theyare so cute I canot believe this Regan will be 1 year old in Jan the 21st the Taylor will be 8 on May 31st this grandma is just getting old. Justseems like yesterday i was saying I am a grandma and now the baby will be 1 year old.till has her daddy's red hair and blue eyes.

heidi

1.Take care of yourself
2.Take care of others
3. Take care of yourself
Mr.Craig Fulgate Head of EOC in FL. :)

#18 gschmitt

gschmitt

Heart and Cardiovascular Disease Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 2,393 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, woodworking, Genealogy. Ballroom dancing. Putting on my lederhosen and going to area German festivals.

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:30 AM

Here it is, after ten in the morning (cst) and I'm the only person in the neighborhood who is up and I've been up since 5.30. I was raised with the notion that if you aren't up before the sun then you've wasted half the day. The new year came in quietly while I was sleeping as usual and I've had breakfast, read the paper and watch the morning news shows. I see that no one else has been in here yet either. I hope you all had a happy and safe time last night.

If I was in a real party mood I could have traveled 20 miles north into the next county and celebrated New Years Eve at a local bar and then came back to town here and celebrated again an hour later. Take a trip to Lafayette which is about straight north and a bit east of here by four hours and you change time zones three times. Is there any other state so...uh...lets say interesting in the time situation? That's the price we pay for a governor who was on the Dubya Bush team the first term.

The warm weather is gone now with the rains that came in yesterday. We should be back to normal with highs in the low 50s this week and lows in the upper 20s. Next week though the forcast is for real winter weather with the highs in the upper 20s. I'll find out then if it's time for new batteries in the cars.

A rather nice 2006 here with no major medical problems for either of us. My grand daughter's tumor has stayed away this time. There was the loss of a couple of first cousins and my last aunt who was also my mother's last sibling passed a few weeks ago. She was the last of three aunts and 11 uncles on both sides plus their spouses.

I've made no New Years resolutions and decided to just stay with my consistency again this year. Happy New Year and best wishes to you all.

Gilbert
Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're
here we should dance.

In heaven there is no beer
That's why we're drinking it here
And when we're gone from here
All our friends will be drinking all our beer.

Let the Gemutlichkeit roll on. Ein Prosit.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Aerobics are for those who don't polka.

#19 vickimikeus

vickimikeus

Titanium member

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:I love studying the bible. I am a mother of 3 :ages 18,16,15 I have been married to a truly wonderful man for 17 years. I recently started selling Pampered Chef cookware which is a fun activity for me.

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:48 PM

I hope everyone had a good New Year's day. This past Saturday, my brother-in-law who is a sheriff's deputy, was shot in the line of duty answering a domestic disturbance call. The bullet went in thru his shoulder, punctured his right lung, fractured 4 ribs and left bullet fragments inside before exiting thru his back. This was a phone call we always dreaded would come. Thank the Good Lord, he is alive and in stable condition. It was hary at first but today he was sitting up and eating. He's in a lot of pain but it will get better. I told him that these things are not good for me being a heart patient and he just laughed. Keep him in your prayers please. He's a great guy and the best thing that has ever happened to my sister. Other than that, I spent my new year's eve passed out after finally getting to bed around 7pm. Last year was pretty good only one hospitalization overnight for chest pain so all in all pretty good. I got a new job and got my health insurance back after going without for 6 months so that's good. Well, talk to you all soon.

Vicki

#20 heartangel

heartangel

General Discussion Moderator

• Members
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:57 PM

Vickie;
I hope they put that guy or woamn injail who did that, Yes Thank GOD he is alive and well and can heal. I always hated those domestic dispute calls when they brought them into jail years ago when I was a correctional officer back in the late 70's. TO me now still theyare my brother nad sisters. yes the call we always hate to hear but again his guardian angel was watching uot for him. heidi
1.Take care of yourself
2.Take care of others
3. Take care of yourself
Mr.Craig Fulgate Head of EOC in FL. :)

#21 gschmitt

gschmitt

• Super Moderator
  • 2,393 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, woodworking, Genealogy. Ballroom dancing. Putting on my lederhosen and going to area German festivals.

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:01 PM

Good afternoon rather than good morning. Cloudy and cooling here with maybe some rain. Bad thing is that I have poppy, iris and foxglove up about three inches with others poking through the ground. If we have a hard freeze I'm hoping that about six inches of snow comes with it. Good news is that I started a big pot of turkey vegie soup this morning and it's ready for lunch. If any of you are in the neighborhood stop in for some soup. I'll be serving limburger and crackers with it or peanut butter if you prefer.

Gilbert
here we should dance.

#22 Denisefh

Denisefh

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:05 AM

Vicki, thank heavens your brother in law is doing okay. I can't imagine someone who could do a job like that where their life is on the line every day they go to work. His wife must worry every time he leaves.
Gilbert, I'd love to be able to stop by and visit you...turkey vegie soup or not. :)
We've been busy and having computer problems and Bob has been hogging the computer (no that's not what I was referring to as our computer problem...though it is indeed one for me) so I haven't been able to be on here as much as usual.
I hope everyone is doing well.
Denise
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".

#23 Denisefh

Denisefh

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:53 AM

It's snowing again in Seattle! We've had some fierce wind/rain storms (thank heavens we didn't lose power this time, knock on wood) and then the temperatures DROPPED. It then proceeded to start snowing and is still coming down and since it's been cold for a while, the stuff is sticking everywhere...especially the streets.
This city gets totally messed up when it snows the few times it does each year, hopefully Bob and I won't have to go out in it this time. We got trapped last time when it blizzarded (is that a word?) while we were in a mall and were totally surprised with a driving nightmare coming home.
I hope everyone's weather is being nice to them!
Denise

#24 gschmitt

gschmitt

• Super Moderator
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:07 PM

Thanks for the wish Denise but our weather is taking a bad turn tonight. All week we have had sunshine and hight in the lower 50s. Sometime tonight two storm systems are supposed to meet over the area and bring from three to five inches of rain within 24 hours. That means lots of flooding in town where folks have chosen to build and live in flood plains. Last September a similar storm destroyed several houses from flooding. Those folks have been hollering since for the city to do something about draining the water but know that during the '37 flood water was over ten feet deep where they now live. I'll just have to make sure that the storm drain inlets on the block don't get clogged with leaves and debris. All the neighbors will be looking for this and take action if needed.

I'm glad to hear that you haven't lost power this time. I hope you are stocked enough to not have to go out in the weather and just enjoy the snow from the windows.

Gilbert
here we should dance.

#25 vickimikeus

vickimikeus

Titanium member

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:I love studying the bible. I am a mother of 3 :ages 18,16,15 I have been married to a truly wonderful man for 17 years. I recently started selling Pampered Chef cookware which is a fun activity for me.

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:38 PM

We were just issued a winter storm watch. We are predicted to get significant ice accumulations over the weekend.

#26 Denisefh

Denisefh

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:32 PM

We got into the teens last night and the high today will be in the 20s. The "Deep Freeze" as they're calling it is supposed to last until the middle of next week.
We'll venture out tomorrow, going to the tiny grocery stores closest to our home (I usually go to a large one farther away), and also going to the church that's only two blocks from our house instead of the one we usually go to...it's about a 20 minute drive to our usual one.
At least we're not getting flooded areas like your area Gilbert, nor are ice storms predicted like yours Vicki.
Good luck to all of us!
Denise

#27 gschmitt

gschmitt

• Super Moderator
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:29 PM

We have 55 degrees right now. We had a 70% chance of rain starting last night and it has been 70 percenting since last night. So far it's just a steady rain and the storm drains are doing well with that. It's really strange that we have warm temps here with just rain forcast and a bit over to the west Vicky will be suffering ice storms. We usually have one or two ice storms during the year but haven't had any of that for the past three or four years.

Vicky, I hope you are hunkered down well and your forcast fizzle out.

Denise, it's good to hear that you have stores and church nearby.

Gilbert
here we should dance.

#28 vickimikeus

vickimikeus

Titanium member

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:23 PM

I just got home from the grocery store. We are getting prepared for the icy weather. An official ice storm warning has been issued for tonight thru Sunday night. Just pray that the electricity doesn't go out like it did in December ,our last ice storm.

#29 gschmitt

gschmitt

• Super Moderator
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:12 PM

It looks like Vicky has chased some of her weather over here in Southwest Indiana. We had a high of 59 yesterday although storms in the morning. Last nights low though was 14 and it hasn't hit 30 yet today. It's been snowing all day but is blowing away and nothing is on the ground. I was wishing for about a foot of snow to insulate my flower beds but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'll either not have many flowers this spring and summer or they'll be very late all season. About half of the beds have sprouted. Today is the first day I've seen birds flocking to the feeders of black sunflower seed. They have just been picking around the yards until today. Who else has a weird weather report.

Gilbert
here we should dance.

#30 Denisefh

Denisefh

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:44 AM

Well, they're saying that Seattle might be breaking records. This is our 7th day of this cold "snap", and we usually only have one or two days where it gets to 32 or below. It's been hitting in the low 20s at night and today was the warmest (according to our little thermometer we have outside on our window) in the high 30s but they're saying that where they're measuring it hasn't gotten over 35 all these days. At least it's raining now, and not snowing, but as the temp drops tonight we'll have snow/ice.
I've been trying not to go out at all, but hope it warms up enough to be able to drive...we're having a small celebration for my grandson Rowan's 4th birthday (his "official" party with his friends will be on Saturday).
This is a link to an article with his picture on it that people started calling my daughter (his mom) about today (she didn't know about it, guess she wasn't there when the pic was taken plus one never knows if it will make it into print). We bought a few papers for her: it was in the Seattle Times plus relatives in Vancouver, WA and also Portland, OR found it in their papers because it was picked up by the AP and so we don't know where else it was printed.
He is just a darling, we had him all day on Monday and had a blast.
http://news.yahoo.co...althy_doughnuts