Good Morning

• Please log in to reply
529 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ford427so_*

Guest_Ford427so_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2004 - 07:20 PM

A place to say good morning or blog on how your day is going :signs007[1]: :common076[1]:

#2 gschmitt

gschmitt

Heart and Cardiovascular Disease Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 2,393 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, woodworking, Genealogy. Ballroom dancing. Putting on my lederhosen and going to area German festivals.

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:37 PM

Here it is December and I'm enjoying driving around watching everyone hassle for Christmas shopping. I'll start my next year shopping around March and be done by the first of October. I do 90% of it online and the rest for real just because I like Rural King Farm Supply and Lowe's.

We've had highs of 20 for the last three days and should get up to 50 tomorrow. That means that folk here will be out in shorts and T shirts because of sunshine and no wind. Adele is wanting to get the Christmas tree down this afternoon so I'll help her with that.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Gilbert
Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're
here we should dance.

In heaven there is no beer
That's why we're drinking it here
And when we're gone from here
All our friends will be drinking all our beer.

Let the Gemutlichkeit roll on. Ein Prosit.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Aerobics are for those who don't polka.

#3 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:58 PM

Our Christmas highlight was on Monday when we got to help our daughter and our grandkids decorate their tree, with our other daughter there too and of course our son-in-law. It was just wonderful, especially because it was on the evening of the day that we got to have the youngest over all day.
They will all be out of town for the actual Christmas holiday, so we'll probably all celebrate together sometime in January.
Bob took some great pictures, I'm going to see if I can figure out how to get one on here.
The youngest is wearing his Halloween outfit (it's NOT called a costume after Halloween) of one of the power rangers...I think mystic force. What made him decide to put on the santa hat I don't know...but maybe because he was SO caught up in the excitement.
I hope everyone is having a great holiday season.
Denise
Attached File  DSCF0648.JPG   708.59KB   64 downloads
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")

#4 heartangel

heartangel

General Discussion Moderator

• Members
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:37 PM

we gave our 10month old grand daughter a grinch that plays music she holds it alls it baby her first Christmas we willsee them ont he 23rd then spend CHRISTmas alone tomany furkids going tot hebridge then 3 ssweet dear friends of ours with aggressive cancer I want tot hrow up my hands and scream nomore GOD nomore but they when they go they will be my deposits in heaven one has klung cancer aggressive form will do a stress test on him tomorow then schedual surgery, the other one smoked nad never had his tonsils out now he has throat cancer then his wife overian cancer that has had spread from breast cancer so I am just going day to day this holiday season i need to be uplifted too and jsut try to get in the sppppirit when i am not. Also geting over the flu and walking pnumonia too. heidi
1.Take care of yourself
2.Take care of others
3. Take care of yourself
Mr.Craig Fulgate Head of EOC in FL. :)

#5 vickimikeus

vickimikeus

Titanium member

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:I love studying the bible. I am a mother of 3 :ages 18,16,15 I have been married to a truly wonderful man for 17 years. I recently started selling Pampered Chef cookware which is a fun activity for me.

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:46 PM

Oh, I am so sorry things are going so rough for you. You know, it is through our suffering that we are brought closer to Christ. Hold on tight to Him for He will lead you through this. You are in my prayers.

#6 heartangel

heartangel

General Discussion Moderator

• Members
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 07:41 PM

Folks I am doing better yes I knopw GOD has me under His wings and holding me too. HE never said it would be an easy road as I gotrhough these valleys is where I gain my strength too. But also DH told me out of 50 cards we sent out we only got 9 back he told me only send to the ones who sent to us this year period no ifs and or butts. We also have no decorations up only the cards forno one is coming over so I am not decorating.PLuse pray for me I se Dr on Wed for more tests will know more later I was on some meds that did a bad number on my body and still trying to get over it they were not heart meds thuogh but it did mess up my heart though but doing ok there. but trying to get in the spirit a litle biut. We are slowly saying goodbye to our 11 year old walker mix Katy Mae that has CHF too she is one meds two like I am on smae things too. So I am hoping my rainbow bridge is closed for a litle while till after the holidays at least. but just hanging in there. Hey Denise how are you doing with all the bad storms power outages etc in Washington state hopefully it is not afecting yuo. heidi
1.Take care of yourself
2.Take care of others
3. Take care of yourself
Mr.Craig Fulgate Head of EOC in FL. :)

#7 gschmitt

gschmitt

• Super Moderator
  • 2,393 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, woodworking, Genealogy. Ballroom dancing. Putting on my lederhosen and going to area German festivals.

Posted 18 December 2006 - 03:49 PM

Well, it happened this weekend. Folks were out Christmas shopping in shorts and t shirts. We had a 65 Saturday and 67 sunday. I don't think my furnace has ran all week so if that's global warming then bring it on. A bit more to the season now with 50s all this week. On Christmas day I'll be taking Adele to the airport for her flight to the east coast. She will come home New Years day. I didn't want to drive out there this soon again so she is going alone this time. It will give her some time with her three daughters and son. Anyway I'll be going along next June to Ithica for the youngest daughter's wedding.

Other news. I saw the EP today and the results of my every two year echo was in. My EF is still at 60% thanks in part to the coreg and ongoing regimen. I can also thank all the wonderful people here that I have known for the past few years for their support and information shared. Thank you all.
here we should dance.

#8 vickimikeus

vickimikeus

Titanium member

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:I love studying the bible. I am a mother of 3 :ages 18,16,15 I have been married to a truly wonderful man for 17 years. I recently started selling Pampered Chef cookware which is a fun activity for me.

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:14 PM

Glad your echo came back good. I have had good results with the coreg as well. I hope everyone has a great holiday.

Vicki

#9 Denisefh

Denisefh

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 19 December 2006 - 02:35 AM

We had quite a storm here in Seattle last Thursday and Friday. Trees are down all over the place. Apparently someone in the city government had a brainstorm about 20 years ago to plant trees along the sidewalks that had shallow roots so the sidewalks wouldn't get hurt from the roots growing underneath them.
Well, the sidewalks weathered the storm very well, but the streets, powerlines, houses, cars and fences didn't do too well. It's a mess, with trees down all over the place...at least one or two every block in our part of the city.
We were without power for almost 24 hours, from early Thursday evening until Friday evening. Lost everything in our apartment fridge (not that great of insulation I guess) but salvaged the stuff in our freezer because we hauled it over to the house of the one daughter who didn't lose her power (she was out of town so we could have camped out there if we'd needed to).
We didn't get our cable back until this evening, so no TV or computer...which was not fun except we were so thankful to have electricity. I guess over a million people in the area lost power, and the last I heard on the radio there were still some places with no power. Meanwhile the temperatures are in the 30s and even 20s.
Our air quality is horrid because of the cloud cover and everyone burning to keep warm. The stores are all wiped out of their batteries, flashlights and candles. We did have some from my preparedness supplies I bought right after 9/11 but we need to stock up on more after things level out and the stores get resupplied.
I hope everyone is doing well, and Gilbert congratulations on your great results. You work hard to keep yourself fit and in good shape and it is paying off.
Denise
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".

#10 gschmitt

gschmitt

• Super Moderator
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:25 PM

Denise, I had thoughts of you sitting in the dark after I heard about the storms on TV. It proved right with you not being on here for a couple days but I knew you would let us know how things were going the first chance you got. Glad to hear that loss of power and some food was the worse it got for you. Thanks for the update and glad you're back.

Gilbert
here we should dance.

#11 gschmitt

gschmitt

• Super Moderator
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 09:48 AM

I want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas Eve. I probably won't have a chance to be back on till Tuesday or Wednesday now.

We went to see Adele's mom Friday night and came back last night. Today my kids will be coming through for an early Christmas start and we will all be together again at my mom's tonight for dinner and gifts. Tomorrow I'll be taking Adele to the airport around noon and then I'll get back to mom's for our usual Christmas Day dinner also with the rest of the family there. Mom is 89 and still does all the cooking.

A very merry Christmas to everyone.

Gilbert
here we should dance.

#12 Denisefh

Denisefh

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:32 PM

Gilbert, I hope Adele has a safe trip and I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas.
Also, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone on this board and their families and friends.
Love and good wishes,
Denise

#13 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Medical, helping others, fishing, boating, my family, video gaming.

Posted 24 December 2006 - 01:55 PM

Catherine and I would like to extend our Christmas wishes to all of you. Our plans are to have all our children come over to visit. May all your wishes come true and cheers :cheers1: to continued good health. God Bless all of you as we are very proud to have all of you as friends and part of our family also.

Merry Christmas to all,

Jerry and Catherine

"Bad things triumphant, when good people do nothing at all"

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha
"So often times it happens, that we live ours life's in chains, and we never even knew we held the key" The Eagles
"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it" Alfred Hitchcock

"We have enough religion to make us hate one another, but not enough to make us love each other" Jonathan Swift

"My heart is ruled by Venus, my head by Mars" Phil Lynott

#14 Denisefh

Denisefh

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:22 PM

I FINALLY changed my Avatar! I know it's too tiny to see much, but that's okay since I was squinting in the photo anyway. :)
It became a week long quest for me...a challenge with the photoshop, Internet Security and this site's requirements but I'm so proud that I was able to do it that I'm leaving it on even though it doesn't show the grandkids as good as the last one. I'm hoping that the pics from Christmas are closerups (is that a word?) and that I can get a better one on here.
Denise

#15 islandmomma

islandmomma

Titanium member

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:people, travel, VIDEO and COMPUTER GAMES (shhhh...what an admission LOL!)

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:19 PM

Well, the kids are cute as always, Denise, but, even expanded, the picture is smallish and grainy LOL! We appreciate your sharing anyway and will look for more. All the best to you and to all the HB-ers (I like that---kind of like snowboarders LOL) in 2007...

Happy New Year, everyone!!

IM
:cheers1:
If you find a path without obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere...

Be who you are and say what you feel...

Because those that matter... don't mind...

And those that mind... don't matter.

Unknown

I CAN'T BE LOST BECAUSE I DON'T CARE WHERE I AM GOING!!
by jan