A HEARTY WELCOME

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts
  • Interests:I'm into my family A LOT :), as you will notice that I mention, or refer to them frequently. :-) I'm a fairly great cook when given wide berth and love to try any and all recipes!Gardening is my main outdoor activity and I have plenty of flowers everywhere, except we do have 2 dogs, Shellie, the Puppy and Sam the Golden Retriever-& they both like to garden as well. : ) Petey & Pookie, my cockatiels are nesting on their first batch of 4 eggs and I'm not sure any will hatch this time, but they are giving it their true best! So along with Swimming, Reading ,Crosswords, crocheting, etc...Hugs, Teri

Posted 02 April 2004 - 08:38 PM

:D [color=redLet's get busy and get those recipes and hints flowing...! Hugs from[/color] Teri and Kali

:P
"Because he is he and I am I"...E.V.Lucas

"I'm so excited and I just can't hide it"... The Pointer Sisters

"You Light up my Life"...Debbie Boone

#2 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,331 posts
  • Interests:Medical, helping others, fishing, boating, my family, video gaming.

Posted 02 April 2004 - 08:41 PM

This is very cool , Good work!Jerry
"Bad things triumphant, when good people do nothing at all"

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha
"So often times it happens, that we live ours life's in chains, and we never even knew we held the key" The Eagles
"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it" Alfred Hitchcock

"We have enough religion to make us hate one another, but not enough to make us love each other" Jonathan Swift

"My heart is ruled by Venus, my head by Mars" Phil Lynott

#3 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts
  • Interests:I'm into my family A LOT :), as you will notice that I mention, or refer to them frequently. :-) I'm a fairly great cook when given wide berth and love to try any and all recipes!Gardening is my main outdoor activity and I have plenty of flowers everywhere, except we do have 2 dogs, Shellie, the Puppy and Sam the Golden Retriever-& they both like to garden as well. : ) Petey & Pookie, my cockatiels are nesting on their first batch of 4 eggs and I'm not sure any will hatch this time, but they are giving it their true best! So along with Swimming, Reading ,Crosswords, crocheting, etc...Hugs, Teri

Posted 03 April 2004 - 07:56 AM

:P I have a sweet tooth today and was just thinking about a dessert for tonight...

FRUIT MEDLEY

Small container of Strawberries washed and drained
1-2 Bananas, sliced
2 Apples cut into Bitesized Chunks
Juice and Zest from 1/2 of Lemon
1 Pear cut into Bitesized Chunks
1 cup of Pineapple Chunks (remember if from a can to drain well)
1-2 cups No Fat Whipped Cream (use to desired thickness)
1-2 small containers of No, or Low Fat Strawberry Yogurt, (again add to desired thickness.)

In a big bowl, add the bananas, apples and pears and drizzle the lemon juice over them and mix together lightly. You can then add the pineapple. Add the strawberry yogurt and mix again lightly. Add the no fat whipped cream and again mix all together. Sprinkle with the Lemon Zest over the top of mixture. If you wanted to serve as an individual dessert for several guests, put into separate containers (parfait glasses would work). Add a dollop of whipped cream and save the Lemon Zest to decorate the top with.

You may add, or substitute any other fresh fruit in season. After all this is Your Dessert!

[color=purple]Happy Eating, Teri
:D
"Because he is he and I am I"...E.V.Lucas

"I'm so excited and I just can't hide it"... The Pointer Sisters

"You Light up my Life"...Debbie Boone

#4 heartangel

heartangel

General Discussion Moderator

• Members
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 01:53 PM

Sounds good, I took off the skin of a whole chicken and boiling it with onions,garlic,celery and crrots and spices from Mrs. dash and now letting it simmer that makes my own chicken stock. I oput it in canning jars let it cool then put in refigerator also Do vegtables too. I love makeing my own stock low in sodium and fat. then I take the chicken off of the bones and freeze it to use in meals.
Will add more heart healthy pound cakes later on using soy milk. But for the diabetics I'll put the exchange down below for using equal etc instead of sugar.
But lets get the recipies rolling on in and keep terri busy. :lol:
1.Take care of yourself
2.Take care of others
3. Take care of yourself
Mr.Craig Fulgate Head of EOC in FL. :)

#5 Guest_Ford427so_*

Guest_Ford427so_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2004 - 02:00 PM

:common076[1]:

#6 Guest_andreaf_*

Guest_andreaf_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2004 - 02:46 PM

[FONT=Times][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B]Hi Teri and thanks for the invitation. You and Kali are naturals for this area of the Board. Good choice. I don't have anything to contribute at the moment, but just wanted to check in and say hi. This board looks like fun and seems to have alot of amazing features, which I will now go play with some more. ;)

#7 Guest_andreaf_*

Guest_andreaf_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2004 - 02:56 PM

Well, let's see if I got the picture thingy right.

#8 heartangel

heartangel

General Discussion Moderator

• Members
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 03:16 PM

:rolleyes: Loved the poem abut the CAD Poem sunds like me I by pass the bakery and deli and when i see people buying all that stuff I just think how can they put that poision in their bodies ;) You all keep up the good work and yes Ford I'll stay here too
Heidi
1.Take care of yourself
2.Take care of others
3. Take care of yourself
Mr.Craig Fulgate Head of EOC in FL. :)

#9 Shakabreeze

Shakabreeze

Titanium member

• Members
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 03:21 PM

Hi everybody.

Teri, that was a wonderful and well worded greeting. This is going to be a marvelous aspect of this board and will get lots of attention I am sure. We all love a good recipe or a snack...

HeartAngel..... Glad you found us. I am glad that you are here and know that you are always so important and knowledgable in the world of heart health. I appreciate all that you do for all of us.

Andrea..... I LOVE and live your postscript. LOL. Welcome here. Enjoy.
Shaka is a Hawaiian offering, a fist in the air with the pinkie and thumb out waving back and forth at the wrist. Symbol of good will, good things, a positive strength and hope for the good in life. Breeze comes from ocean breeze: also positive, empowering, enveloping, enriching, relaxing and, above all, comforting.

#10 Kali14

Kali14

Titanium member

• Members
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, good mystery movies, reading

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:17 PM

:D I'd also like to welcome Andrea, Shaka and Heidi.

Andrea, I know how you do love those Krispy Kremes. Loved your postscript.

Heidi, welcome home and I also extend my thanks to you for all you do.

Shaka, your wit is always welcome. I use to go to Diet Workshop and am going to try and find some of my old recipies if you are interested.

Teri, marvelous intro--thank you.

Now, if I can just find my way around here we'll be in business LOL

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Kali</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly...</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Everyone has a photographic memory.
Some, like me, just don't have any film.
</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Remember, once you get over the hill, you will begin to pick up speed</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I know that God won't give me more than I can handle but there are times I wish he didn't trust me quite so much.</span>[/B]

#11 Joagar6503

Joagar6503

Platinum member

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Hi!
    I am angiorns's wife and have been looking for a family support group since Gary's triple bypass on 2/10/04. I actually found the healingwell site for him and I am so happy that I did. I am 48 years old and work as a nurse educator. Gary and I were married on 6/5/03, thus the screen name. We have been together for 10 years.I was not lucky enough to be blessed with children, but I have a beloved stepson, Josh. He is working hard to break into the movie business in LA. I love to read, travel and I love any kind of adventure.I am totally in love with our dog, Simon. I love to cook and am always interested in sharing recipes. I look forward to meeting other spouses and family members on this board. We are all in this together! Jo

Posted 03 April 2004 - 05:54 PM

Hi everyone!
i love to cook and share recipes. I have a SWEET TOOTH, bigtime. Although I don't have heart disease (my hubby had triple bypass recently), I am always interested in weight control and recipes that satisfy my need for sweets and my husband's need for desserts without a lot of fat and calories. I have a great recipe for pumpkin mousse, which is very satisfying and delicious, if anyone is interested. It tastes just like pumpkinn pie without the bad stuff...:-) Jo

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle"....Plato

#12 Kali14

Kali14

Titanium member

• Members
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, good mystery movies, reading

Posted 03 April 2004 - 08:48 PM

Hi Jo and welcome. We would love to have your pumpkin mousse recipie and any others that you woud like to share. You must be quite happy with Gary's stress test results. (if I remember correctly, it was a stress test.) Memory isn't what it use to be. Looking forward to your recipie.
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Kali</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly...</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Everyone has a photographic memory.
Some, like me, just don't have any film.
</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Remember, once you get over the hill, you will begin to pick up speed</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I know that God won't give me more than I can handle but there are times I wish he didn't trust me quite so much.</span>[/B]

#13 Shakabreeze

Shakabreeze

Titanium member

• Members
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 10:10 PM

Jo--- Bring on that Pumpkin Pie Mouse. Sounds delish already.

Kali..... love your picture. Excellent twosome shot. You are a wonderful recipe person and I welcome all that you bring to the board and to the recipe area.
Shaka is a Hawaiian offering, a fist in the air with the pinkie and thumb out waving back and forth at the wrist. Symbol of good will, good things, a positive strength and hope for the good in life. Breeze comes from ocean breeze: also positive, empowering, enveloping, enriching, relaxing and, above all, comforting.

#14 Kathlyn1950

Kathlyn1950

Titanium member

• Members
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Drawing and painting, reading, rubber stamping, scrapbooking, travel, music, dancing, spending time with family and friends

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:02 PM

Hi, I'm really excited about this part of the website. I have a recipe that I got from my friend, Jane. I love pickled beets, but thought I could not have them anymore because of the sodium. This is an old Weight Watcher's recipe that I have modified. The only problem is that Jane doesn't remember how much pickling spices to put in, so I had to just try and punt. I ended up having too much in for my taste. If anyone has a recipe similar to this, I'd really appreciate the exact measurements. I generally go by a pinch of this and a pinch of that, but I haven't really used pickling spices except for many years ago when I made pickles. And I had an exact recipe back then.

The recipe calls for canned beets. I use the sodium free ones. It also called for sugar and I used Splenda. Jane said you could use either white vinegar or apple cidar vinegar just to cover the beets. Then I brought them to a boil and added the Splenda and pickling spices once it cooled. Refrigerated for at least 24 hours before I tried them. So if anyone knows how much pickling spices to put in I'd be really grateful! :D

#15 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,331 posts
  • Interests:Medical, helping others, fishing, boating, my family, video gaming.

Posted 04 April 2004 - 03:24 PM

Bring on the Pumpkin Mousse!!!!!
"Bad things triumphant, when good people do nothing at all"

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha
"So often times it happens, that we live ours life's in chains, and we never even knew we held the key" The Eagles
"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it" Alfred Hitchcock

"We have enough religion to make us hate one another, but not enough to make us love each other" Jonathan Swift

"My heart is ruled by Venus, my head by Mars" Phil Lynott