A HEARTY WELCOME

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 MrsR

MrsR

Titanium member

• Members
  • 1,371 posts
  • Interests:<br><br>Sitting on my tuffet.

Posted 06 May 2004 - 07:33 PM

Teri

Thank you so much for your wonderful food ideas. I can see the amount of work that you have put in here and I really appreciate reading it and getting ideas. I am a diabetic and since my heart disease I have tried to follow a low fat diet. BUT I was recentley put on the drug Xenical as a diabetes drug proven to lower blood sugar. If you are not aware this drug has some serious consequences if too much fat is consumed. I have heard it's not a pretty sight. LOL. So far I have been very diligent and had no problems but I think it's a pretty good incentive to eat well.

thanks again teri

MrsR :D

MISS MUFFET

Miss Muffet was a real girl who lived in England about 400 years ago. Her name was Patience, and her father was Dr. Thomas Muffet. He thought that swallowing spiders like pills would make sick people get better.

Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths?

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways."

Well life will go on and then some day it won't. Master Chaz.

#47 Kali14

Kali14

Titanium member

• Members
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, good mystery movies, reading

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:28 AM

:rolleyes: MRS R AND ALL NEWBIES. I'd like to welcome you all to Heartboard and especially to the healthy food thread.
Take some time and go through our files. There are some pretty tempting recipies, facts and tips in these pages.
Hopefully, more will be added in the coming weeks to the diabetic section seeing as how the population is growing.
Again, a WARM WELCOME to everyone.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Kali</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly...</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Everyone has a photographic memory.
Some, like me, just don't have any film.
</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Remember, once you get over the hill, you will begin to pick up speed</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I know that God won't give me more than I can handle but there are times I wish he didn't trust me quite so much.</span>[/B]

#48 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts
  • Interests:I'm into my family A LOT :), as you will notice that I mention, or refer to them frequently. :-) I'm a fairly great cook when given wide berth and love to try any and all recipes!Gardening is my main outdoor activity and I have plenty of flowers everywhere, except we do have 2 dogs, Shellie, the Puppy and Sam the Golden Retriever-&amp; they both like to garden as well. : ) Petey &amp; Pookie, my cockatiels are nesting on their first batch of 4 eggs and I'm not sure any will hatch this time, but they are giving it their true best! So along with Swimming, Reading ,Crosswords, crocheting, etc...Hugs, Teri

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:10 AM

:P Mrs. R were you pulling my leg again? :rolleyes: re Xenical? re diabetes? All I could find on it was that it was for weight loss! I will recheck my sources, but... Hugs, Teri : ) :heart:
"Because he is he and I am I"...E.V.Lucas

"I'm so excited and I just can't hide it"... The Pointer Sisters

"You Light up my Life"...Debbie Boone

#49 MrsR

MrsR

Titanium member

• Members
  • 1,371 posts
  • Interests:&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Sitting on my tuffet.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:37 AM

Teri

I wouldn't pull your leg. The use of Xenical for diabetes is something new, I am part of a study group. It was found that when using it for weight control it lowered blood sugar in diabetics as well. It does work, I have reduced my insulin amounts injected by quite a bit and have had some insulin reactions while trying to adjust it properly. The weight loss has been slow, they only want you to lose one to two pounds a week but with less insulin injected I will lose from that as well. Insulin makes it almost impossible to lose weight.

take care

MrsR

MISS MUFFET

Miss Muffet was a real girl who lived in England about 400 years ago. Her name was Patience, and her father was Dr. Thomas Muffet. He thought that swallowing spiders like pills would make sick people get better.

Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths?

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways."

Well life will go on and then some day it won't. Master Chaz.

#50 Catherine

Catherine

Alternative Healing

• +Verified HB Expert
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:Family, animals, reading, and doing alternative medicine in the field of Quantum Biofeedback!

Posted 10 May 2004 - 01:35 PM

Weight loss with XENICAL and a healthy diet also improves a number of weight-related health risks. Studies show that weight loss with XENICAL can:

Decrease total and LDL cholesterol (level of low-density lipoprotein-also known as bad cholesterol)
Improve ratio of bad to good cholesterol (LDL/HDL cholesterol)
Reduce blood pressure
Reduce levels of insulin (hormone that allows glucose or sugar to enter the body's cells), high levels of which are associated with coronary heart disease
Reduce the risk or delay the progression to type 2 diabetes in patients

Found this from the Xenical company( or the people that make it)- hope it helps answer some questions.

Catherine
"Sure is a pretty day to set things right". (Robert Duvall, Open Range)

We are not meant to leave this life quiet and well preserved, but sliding in sideways shouting with glee, "Holy s--t, what a ride!"

#51 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts
  • Interests:I'm into my family A LOT :), as you will notice that I mention, or refer to them frequently. :-) I'm a fairly great cook when given wide berth and love to try any and all recipes!Gardening is my main outdoor activity and I have plenty of flowers everywhere, except we do have 2 dogs, Shellie, the Puppy and Sam the Golden Retriever-&amp; they both like to garden as well. : ) Petey &amp; Pookie, my cockatiels are nesting on their first batch of 4 eggs and I'm not sure any will hatch this time, but they are giving it their true best! So along with Swimming, Reading ,Crosswords, crocheting, etc...Hugs, Teri

Posted 10 May 2004 - 02:00 PM

:P Okay, Mrs. R...I did go back and rechecked earlier this morning, and I did repost, but I don't know where my post went...??? :blink: up to that never land of all message boards...or maybe when my phone rang and disconnected me LOL...but Yes, I found right here on our very own HeartBoard.com sight under "Drug Information" on the top right corner of the screen where XENICAL (pronounced Zenical) is in fact a drug used in weight reduction, but it is used in people with High BP, diabetics (like yourself) and people with high Cholesterol...so I did look further than what was written, but the good tooth fairy snatched it from me LOL...What I also read was that it also may decrease the absorption of some of the fat soluble vitamins. So to compensate you may need to take a multiple vitamin that contains A D E and K & also beta carotene. You need to take this 2 hours before, or 2 hours after you take the Xenical. You may be already doing this and if not, Check with your Dr. regarding this. Sorry it took me so long to repost this, but I didn't know it went missing! :wub: Thanks, Catherine for adding all the rest!! I find medications fascinating as most of us are all on med.'s that could really be literally saving our lives!!

Hugs to all, :heart: Teri :P

#52 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 04:42 PM

:P Hi everyone! Welcome once again to all our newest members! Just wanted to let you know that we appreciate all your comments, ideas, and any recipes you'd like to add here!!

Hugs, Teri :P

#53 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 11:05 PM

Stop Right Here and tell us :P what you want to eat and we'll see if we can make it healthier for you to do that!!! :heart:

I wanted to say Hello and Welcome!! once again to all our new members some of which have already jumped in and have added a recipe or two or just needed some questions answered...Thank you!! :heart:

Please write and let me know if there is something more you'd like to see here!

Hugs always, Teri :P

#54 Teri16

Teri16

Titanium member

• Members
  • 5,172 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 02:07 PM

:P A new day and new members!! :heart:

I wanted to say Welcome to you all and remind you that we are here to help you, one and all in any dietary needs or questions!! :)

If you have any ideas or have a particular subject that you are knowledgable about, please share that with us here! :heart: This is your place to share ideas with all of of us in our quest to be the healthiest we can be and to aid in preventing Heart Disease from getting the best of us when there are so many ways we can perhaps alter it's course!!

With Love and Hugs, Teri :P