been a long time old friends

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gordspen

Gordspen

Titanium member

• Members
  • 997 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar and key boards and I love music of any most types. Enjoy writing and debates.

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:06 AM

Where is everybody old friends and warriors true! I have gone through a lot since 2014. We sold our house that we lived in and moved to a smaller property in Southport, a single story unit which we call a bungalow here in the UK. We movd in the May our new property has a beautiful garden some I was looking forward to spending my retirement years in. In   November of that year I began being violently ill, I was unable to keep food down I was diagnosed with Pancriatitis, no matter how many times we tried to tell the Hospital doctors I was not a drinker I think they thought I lived on the moon. In the following year around March I think I was sent to the main Hospital in Liverpool there I was placed under the care of a world famous Heppatic surgeon a Professor Kneoptomiliss and his team. I was in Hospital for around 4 months being fed via a vein in my arm every day a new bag would be put on and all the tubes would be cleaned thoroughly. Eventually it was decided that the best way to treat me surgically was via a procedure called a Juejentium Ru-En Y a procedure that would end up sewing my stomache to my small bowell . I was finally able to eat solid food and after a further month of recovery I went home. As if I hadn't been through enough in 2009 I had this major surgery. I am much reduced in my mobility and now need a zimmer frame to get around and a wheel chair when I am out and about, I never thought for one minute that I would go through all of this as I grew older, I think wow! whats happening to me. Its been one hell of a merry go round, I have been a member of this board since forever, I was a founding member I was in at the sharp end when this board was a dream of two wonderful people and boy its grown. God bless Jerry and love to you all from my family. Gordon

• noxcuse and RickyB like this
We the willing, following the unknowing are doing the impossible. We have done so much for so long with so little that we are now able to do anything with nothing

At my age I do what Mark Twain did. I get my daily paper, look at the obituaries page and if I'm not there I carry on as usual.

Money couldn't buy you friends, but you get a better class of enemy

#2 kalip

kalip

Food Ideas and Healthy Recipes Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 2,402 posts
  • Interests:Jogging, Reading, Surfing the Internet , Meditation and travelling.

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:27 PM

It appears as though all the old members have abandoned the board.

It also seems that the only person still posting here is me; although

I must admit there are lots of viewers.

kalip

• RickyB likes this

#3 RickyB

RickyB

Titanium member

• Super Moderator
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:my granddaughter Ayla Jean grandson Chase Tyler.grandson Julian Thomas greatest wife in the world Debbi.Genealogy

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:31 PM

good to hear from you Gordo. If it wasn't for Kalip nothing would be happening here. Take care.

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
RickyB