Good Morning or Good Day

• Please log in to reply
760 replies to this topic

#1 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Medical, helping others, fishing, boating, my family, video gaming.

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:14 PM

Good Day all! :common076[1]:
  • AcalmWele and arratoess like this
"Bad things triumphant, when good people do nothing at all"

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha
"So often times it happens, that we live ours life's in chains, and we never even knew we held the key" The Eagles
"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it" Alfred Hitchcock

"We have enough religion to make us hate one another, but not enough to make us love each other" Jonathan Swift

"My heart is ruled by Venus, my head by Mars" Phil Lynott

#2 ireneo

ireneo

Titanium member

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Books, working with wildlife, fishing, chocolate!

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:01 PM

Yes, as a matter of fact, it is. We have sunshine, I made some wonderful soup and cornbread for dinner, I have energy and feel good today.
  • maryre likes this
Life has no meaning except for the impact you have on other people

#3 Shakabreeze

Shakabreeze

Titanium member

• Members
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

Did you let the chipper chipmunks get chopping... ?
Shaka is a Hawaiian offering, a fist in the air with the pinkie and thumb out waving back and forth at the wrist. Symbol of good will, good things, a positive strength and hope for the good in life. Breeze comes from ocean breeze: also positive, empowering, enveloping, enriching, relaxing and, above all, comforting.

#4 vickimikeus

vickimikeus

Titanium member

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:I love studying the bible. I am a mother of 3 :ages 18,16,15 I have been married to a truly wonderful man for 17 years. I recently started selling Pampered Chef cookware which is a fun activity for me.

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:40 AM

It's a rainy day today, but the weekend looks good! Today is my final day of class for this semester then I'll have a break for the summer before hitting the books again in the fall. It's been good but I'm ready for some down time. Talk to you all soon! :D

#5 ireneo

ireneo

Titanium member

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:27 AM

Shaka - yes, the chippies are free. Took them back to the forested area near where they were found. My hubby went with me since 1. I don't do so well hiking up hillsides, especially carrying a box of animals and 2. I didn't want to go hiking in the woods alone. I found a couple of downed trees surrounded by ferns, snowberries, etc. and tucked their little temporary home (a shoebox with food in it) under one of the trees. Then I opened their little door. I saw 3 little noses poke out and look around. As soon as I said HI, they snuggled back into their box. Oh well, all I can do is hope for the best. It's a tough world out there for them.

Vicki - what are you studying? I'm sure you've told us but my mind isn't as sticky as it used to be.

#6 vickimikeus

vickimikeus

Titanium member

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:I love studying the bible. I am a mother of 3 :ages 18,16,15 I have been married to a truly wonderful man for 17 years. I recently started selling Pampered Chef cookware which is a fun activity for me.

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

I'm finishing up an associate of applied science degree in business management-accounting that I started 16 years ago. I finally decided there were no more excuses in my way. It's hard to encourage your kids how important a college education is if you don't have one yourself. I wanted to prove to them and to myself that it's never to late to reach your goals or dreams.

#7 Patoolla

Patoolla

Titanium member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • Interests:Country music and dance, Grandbabes, My dog, Peppy, a Bichon Frise, the internet.

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:41 PM

That's wonderful Vicki, and your so right for your kids! :) You go girl!

#8 gschmitt

gschmitt

Heart and Cardiovascular Disease Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 2,393 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, woodworking, Genealogy. Ballroom dancing. Putting on my lederhosen and going to area German festivals.

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:41 PM

Nothing going on today but rain. Tomorrow night we are going to the ARC dance. ARC (Association of Retarded Citizens) is where Adele works as a gerontology instructor. Every spring they have a dance for the clients and around 500 will show up to enjoy the evening of DJ music and food. ARC is a national entity and Adele started working there in New Jersey. No music at Germania this weekend so it will be to the Eagles on Saturday night. I don't know if we'll get to dance much tomorrow night though since mostly rock is played and it's for the clients to have a good time anyway but we usually get in a few steps. Every year there is a different theme for the dance like you would see at a school prom. Two years ago it was a prom and everyone was in formal dress. After the dance we'll meet with some of the other instructors probably at Denny's for a wind down session.

Monday my youngest daughter graduates from High School. I'll have a few years off then until the grand kids start graduating.
Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're
here we should dance.

In heaven there is no beer
That's why we're drinking it here
And when we're gone from here
All our friends will be drinking all our beer.

Let the Gemutlichkeit roll on. Ein Prosit.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Aerobics are for those who don't polka.

#9 islandmomma

islandmomma

Titanium member

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:people, travel, VIDEO and COMPUTER GAMES (shhhh...what an admission LOL!)

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:58 PM

Well, they promised us a day in the low 30's (that's above 80 or more for you) and it is sunny out there but still not very warm!! I am tired of freezing my tush off! I have been waiting for two months to do some pressure-washing. Please send any unused warmth this way...

It is our long weekend this weekend for Victoria Day (she was an English queen). Usually I am out working on my garden in full swing by now. Oh well, have a good one regardless of the weather wherever you all are....:)

jan
If you find a path without obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere...

Be who you are and say what you feel...

Because those that matter... don't mind...

And those that mind... don't matter.

Unknown

I CAN'T BE LOST BECAUSE I DON'T CARE WHERE I AM GOING!!
by jan

#10 flycaster305

flycaster305

Titanium member

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Interests:I'm pretty busy volunteering in a hospital, a school, and still work part time

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:02 PM

The heat is coming, we hit almost 90 degrees today. You will be pressure-washing dressed in a bikini tomorrow!
If it looks like a duck and it walks like a duck and it sounds like a duck... it's a duck!

#11 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:39 AM

The heat's coming here too, supposed to be in the high 80s maybe 90 today and tomorrow. We're on the 3rd floor of a 6 story building, southwest corner...it's gonna be HOT inside today.

Denise
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")

#12 ireneo

ireneo

Titanium member

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:11 PM

Yep, they're predicting 97 or so in Portland. When they showed the temperature map for the US, the NW was the hottest spot in the nation. Great.

It's about 10 am now and I've got my chores done: laundry, vacuuming, planted some plants that were given to me, scrubbed out the bird baths as well as the deck + railing + stairs, baked a blueberry pound cake and caught up on my emails. Now I have to run to the grocery store before it gets too hot. After that I'll stay in and do nothing much.

I never was a morning person before but I am now. Plus I got about 4 hours of sleep last night. I had a long meeting in the evening, came home and I was wound up, hot (we haven't taken the tarp off the AC yet) and my heart was hiccuping all over. But hey, I got a lot done - computer stuff, quilt stuff and some crossword puzzles. I feel so much better without the Diltiazem; can you tell? :signs007[1]:

#13 islandmomma

islandmomma

Titanium member

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:people, travel, VIDEO and COMPUTER GAMES (shhhh...what an admission LOL!)

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:15 PM

Wow, way to go, Irene. You sound like a powerhouse!! Can you bottle some of that energy and send it my way? The diltiazem was stopped because....? I always liked that med as it took away my angina instantly when I got on it. Now I don't need it but I keep the rest of the pills around LOL....feels like insurance to me and insurance I can count on LOL! My energy and motivation for domestic tasks ebbs and wanes, and wanes more often, I assure you!! Maybe this sun will get me started....

jan
If you find a path without obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere...

Be who you are and say what you feel...

Because those that matter... don't mind...

And those that mind... don't matter.

Unknown

I CAN'T BE LOST BECAUSE I DON'T CARE WHERE I AM GOING!!
by jan

#14 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:06 PM

I simply have no energy...therefore there is no fluctuation. :)

I feel safe with my Diltiazem around for when the AFib kicks up and doesn't want to stop. The cardio nurse calls it "a pill in the pocket".

Right now I'm freezing...have a coat on, lol. It's supposed to get VERY hot today so I had all the windows open all night and they're still open and the wind is really cold. I'm sure this place will be impacted when the sun hits all our windows, and then I'll button things up, but right now it feels like winter.

Can't win...
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")

#15 ireneo

ireneo

Titanium member

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:28 PM

Islandmomma - I stopped the Diltiazem for a few reasons: lethargy, apathy, my cognitive abilities went down the toilet. I loved the reduced tachys, lighter ectopics and no chest pain. But sitting around all day struggling to get up (to even care about getting up) was bugging me emotionally. In my mind there were things I wanted to do but couldn't stir up enough energy to do them.

So after 3 months of the med I thought I'd try going without. See if there was really a difference. Within the week I noticed I woke up in the morning, I mean really awake. Plus I could think of more than one thing at a time. That's critical at work when I'm examining an animal, answering volunteers' questions and calculating meds all at the same time. Before I could barely remember the vols. names. That was scary to me.

Now my heart is a brat again. This morning I was watching the news and my heart went totally wonky rhythm wise, had some pain, broke out in a sweat and thought I was going to tip over in my chair. But it was gone in 10 seconds so no big deal.

As for the pill in the pocket - I have my pills around still but by the time a pill would kick in, my rhythm problem would be gone. Mine don't last for hours, just minutes, sometimes less. I prefer to be bouncy and alert and deal with the heart zingers.