Vegan "Egg Fried Rice"
An all vegan egg fried rice that is easy to make, ready in less than 30 minutes, plus is the perfect way to use up any leftover rice you have!
It is high in protein, healthy and satisfying, even non-vegans will love it!
- 4 tablespoons vegetable broth (or 1 tablespoon cooking oil of choice)
- 3/4 cup white onion, diced small
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 block firm tofu, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup broccoli floret, chopped small
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed veggies (carrots, corn and green beans)
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 2 cups cooked and chilled jasmine rice*
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Top with: chopped green onions and a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1) In a large pan or wok, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth or oil over medium heat. Once heated through, add in the onions and garlic and cook until they are
fragrant and the onions are translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
2) Add one teaspoon of the sesame oil, along with the ginger, tofu, and turmeric. Mix through until well combined. Add in the frozen mixed veggies, broccoli,
bell pepper and soy sauce.
Mix again and cook for about 3-4 more minutes. If using vegetable broth, add an additional 1 tablespoon at a time as needed to prevent burning.
3) Add in the remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame oil along with the rice and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked and dried out. Season with salt and pepper to taste
and adjust seasonings as desired.
4) Serve with a sprinkle of green onions and red pepper flakes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 222
Total Fat 5.6g 9%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 442.4mg 18%
Total Carbohydrate 31.9g 11%
Protein 10.8g 22%
• Vitamin A13%
• Vitamin C50%