Vegan Frittata with Kale, Mushroom, and Peppers
- 2 cup chickpea flour
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast optional, if not using add another ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp good quality tomato sauce
- ½ cup chopped kale
- ½ cup roughly chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup red capsicum, diced
- ½ cup sliced black olives (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by chopping the kale, mushrooms, and capsicums and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, and water and whisk to combine until the mixture is smooth with no lumps.
- Add the chopped veggies and olives if using to the bowl.
- Divide mixture evenly into lightly greased muffin tin holes. (standard 12-hole muffin tray.)
- Transfer tray to the oven and bake for 20-30 min at 180 °C.
- Remove from the oven and use a knife to gently remove from the tray.
- Can be stored in the fridge for 3 days in air tight container or frozen for up to 6 months.