Photo

Debt Ceiling Debate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Debt Ceiling Debate (6 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think about debt ceiling debate

1. I wish they would just pass it (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. I do not want it passed (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Do not care either way (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Medical, helping others, fishing, boating, my family, video gaming.

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:54 PM

You may of course add comments on this if you wish after you vote.
  • clitocrog likes this
"Bad things triumphant, when good people do nothing at all"

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha
"So often times it happens, that we live ours life's in chains, and we never even knew we held the key" The Eagles
"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it" Alfred Hitchcock

"We have enough religion to make us hate one another, but not enough to make us love each other" Jonathan Swift

"My heart is ruled by Venus, my head by Mars" Phil Lynott

#2 gschmitt

gschmitt

Heart and Cardiovascular Disease Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 2,393 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, gardening, woodworking, Genealogy. Ballroom dancing. Putting on my lederhosen and going to area German festivals.

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

What's going on here is money that had already been spent and the US has promised to pay back. There is nothing about new spending as far a this debt is concern. Like Mitch McConnel R KY. wants to do and had quoted. Do anything do hurt the Democrats no matter the cost to the nation. Try telling your bank that you and your spouse can't agree on what bills to pay so you are shutting down your checkbook and they will just have to wait.
Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're
here we should dance.

In heaven there is no beer
That's why we're drinking it here
And when we're gone from here
All our friends will be drinking all our beer.

Let the Gemutlichkeit roll on. Ein Prosit.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Aerobics are for those who don't polka.

#3 flycaster305

flycaster305

Titanium member

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Interests:I'm pretty busy volunteering in a hospital, a school, and still work part time

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:27 PM

You nailed it. We have to pay our bills, we have to limit spending, what's so complicated about that?

The Tea Party in my opinion aren't very convincing, just screamers. Tea Party founders Judson Philips and Jenny Martin are very vocal, advising us about debt. Excuse me, they both have bankruptcies... They aren't very believeable in my humble opinion.

In my case, I've pulled very few paychecks, I've been a private contractor most of my life, and had to meet payroll during some hard times. I rather expect the government to protect the money I paid in to my social security and medicare.

Well stated!
If it looks like a duck and it walks like a duck and it sounds like a duck... it's a duck!