Oatmeal-Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Vegan Version)
- 5 tablespoons no-trans fat margarine
- 3 tablespoons Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 6 tablespoons whole wheat flour, (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 6 tablespoons white flour (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped mini candy bars
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Coat cookie sheets with canola cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, cream together no-trans margarine, cream cheese, brown sugar, and sugar substitute. Add egg substitute and beat well.
- Add flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla to butter mixture and beat until well blended. Stir in sugar-free chocolate chunks and oats. Blend thoroughly.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of dough onto cookie sheet (about 15 cookies per cookie sheet). Bake in centre of oven for about 6 minutes or until cookies are still soft but lightly browned. Remove cookies and let cool on wire rack.
- About 15 mini bars cut into 1.25cm chunks with a knife.