2nd Anniversary of George Michael Edens

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Gordspen

Gordspen

Titanium member

• Members
  • 997 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar and key boards and I love music of any most types. Enjoy writing and debates.

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:35 PM

Today is the 2nd anniversary of Shelsby'sdad's death and our loss. God bless you Michael loved and missed by all who came to know you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Always in our thoughts and prayers and hearts. Loved and missed. May the sun always set over Texas so that each night your star will shine.

Gordon and Michelle

Attached Files

• Robertlicy likes this
We the willing, following the unknowing are doing the impossible. We have done so much for so long with so little that we are now able to do anything with nothing

At my age I do what Mark Twain did. I get my daily paper, look at the obituaries page and if I'm not there I carry on as usual.

Money couldn't buy you friends, but you get a better class of enemy

#2 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:32 AM

He was a wonderful person and is missed by everyone who had the good fortune to meet him.
God bless his soul.
Denise
  • shelbyrae likes this
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")

#3 vijay

vijay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:54 AM

now whas the point of celebrating ???

#4 Gordspen

Gordspen

Titanium member

• Members
  • 997 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar and key boards and I love music of any most types. Enjoy writing and debates.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:39 PM

vijay Posted Today, 09:54 AM
now whas the point of celebrating ???

Vijay, you need to explain what it is you mean??

God bless,

Gordon and Michelle
We the willing, following the unknowing are doing the impossible. We have done so much for so long with so little that we are now able to do anything with nothing

At my age I do what Mark Twain did. I get my daily paper, look at the obituaries page and if I'm not there I carry on as usual.

#5 Denisefh

Denisefh

Family Members and Caregivers Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6,048 posts
  • Interests:Birding, my family especially my two grandsons, RPG video games, reading.

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:14 AM

I had someone say that to me once also, when I asked at our workplace if we were going to do something on the anniversary of the deaths of two of our co workers in a tragic plane accident.
She asked why on earth would we want to celebrate and I said that remembering and commemorating the anniversary is not celebrating their death at all. It's honoring their life and praying for them.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift....that's why they call it "the present".
(Quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")

#6 heartangel

heartangel

General Discussion Moderator

• Members
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 01:41 PM

I know he was sopecial by all the memories you have had of him and how he touched lives too. I also have people say celebrate their death for they are up in heaven rejoicing and their pasing. Me I jsut say a silent prayer tor that week try to fix one of their Favorite dishes. My bropther in law died on my frineds B-day back in 1999 so not easy to forget. well got to go but God Bles Him Gordon adn Michelle
Heidi
1.Take care of yourself
2.Take care of others
3. Take care of yourself
Mr.Craig Fulgate Head of EOC in FL. :)

#7 noxcuse

noxcuse

Board Co-Founder

• Admin
  • 2,331 posts
  • Interests:Medical, helping others, fishing, boating, my family, video gaming.

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:40 AM

I will tell you the point of celebrating. That one day hopefully his wonderful children will look back on this and see that there Dad was a great person who touch alot of lives. That there Dad was also a brave man who always love them no matter what turmoil or pain he was in. If we could all wake up everyday and have as much faith in his fellow man and treat each other with the kindness he did who know's maybe the world would have been a better place and you would have turned out to be a more caring person. Thanks Gordon :common076[1]:
  • shelbyrae likes this
"Bad things triumphant, when good people do nothing at all"

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha
"So often times it happens, that we live ours life's in chains, and we never even knew we held the key" The Eagles
"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it" Alfred Hitchcock

"We have enough religion to make us hate one another, but not enough to make us love each other" Jonathan Swift

"My heart is ruled by Venus, my head by Mars" Phil Lynott

#8 heartangel

heartangel

General Discussion Moderator

• Members
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 12:03 PM

Amen Jery
kind of what I told the class what I want to be remembered for my faith in my God adn helping ut people and my comuniity and just for my giving nature and hear well doen thy good and faithful servant. i donot weant to be remembered as grumbly hateful but as gratefully humble. Like they asked us a question if yuo died right now what wwould you want to be remmebrerd for and why?
Get a thinking .
Heidi
1.Take care of yourself
2.Take care of others
3. Take care of yourself
Mr.Craig Fulgate Head of EOC in FL. :)

#9 beachjay

beachjay

Titanium member

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:reading (mainly mysteries), walking , travelling and I would have added computing but I am having such a hard time with this site I obviously do not know much about computing!

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:18 PM

I am celebrating his life , not his death, the anniversary reminds me of his life. I am happy he was around! (see sig!)
  • shelbyrae likes this
Jacky
' It really got me down until I got to thinking, hey, I can't do what I used to do so don't worry about it.....do your best, know you are doing your best and the rest falls into place'

Excerpt from shelbysdad.

#10 Gordspen

Gordspen

Titanium member

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:03 PM

Like you Jacky I will always celebrate his life and all the things he wanted to achieve so much. Jerry That brought a tear to my eye and I will never forget the big guy ever and I hope his kids come to this site one day just to see how many hearts he touched with his gentleness and kindness and understanding. He never once posted in anger or replied to any post in anger, his laid back approach was wonderful and so disarming to those that attacked or were misguided.

God bless you Michael I hope you have met my Dad and my Son up there they would love you too.

Love and prayers always,

Gordon and Michelle
  • shelbyrae likes this

#11 Patoolla

Patoolla

Titanium member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • Interests:Country music and dance, Grandbabes, My dog, Peppy, a Bichon Frise, the internet.

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:42 PM

Thank you for posting this remembrance Gordon! Yes, I agree that it is in celebration of his life and remembering and honoring him for all he did for everyone he came in contact with. We love you Michael!
  • shelbyrae likes this

#12 shelbyrae

shelbyrae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:24 AM

Hello,
I am writing you as a long shot. My name is Shelby, and I lost my father (George Michael Edens) in 2003. I noticed you and some other people had a discussion going about how it had been 2 years since his passing (dated 2005) and I just wanted to know, how did you know him? What made him a great person? It has been almost 11 years and I'm probably a bit crazy for writing you, but please, let me know about him. Did he have some sort of blog on here? Thank you in advance for your time.

Shelby Edens
  • noxcuse likes this

#13 RickyB

RickyB

Titanium member

• Super Moderator
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:my granddaughter Ayla Jean grandson Chase Tyler.grandson Julian Thomas greatest wife in the world Debbi.Genealogy

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:51 AM

Shelby,what a surprise it was to see you posting here.I never got to know your Dad like others on here did but heard nothing but good things about him.I got here about the time your Dad passed.What I learned about him was he always had a bright outlook about his health and life itself.I learned that his kids were his pride and joy.A lot of the old timers don't come around very often anymore but I hope they will come in and tell you about your Dad.Come back anytime you can just to lets us know about you.I live in Temple Texas and people would ask me if I knew Mike.I wish I had.take care

• noxcuse and shelbyrae like this
Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
RickyB

#14 beachjay

beachjay

Titanium member

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:reading (mainly mysteries), walking , travelling and I would have added computing but I am having such a hard time with this site I obviously do not know much about computing!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

Thanks Ricky for showing me this post ! Shelby your Dad was a member on this board and was the most kind encouraging person, he helped so many people even though he was so ill. He was famous for some of the things he quoted. Hopefully one will appear after mu signature. It used to be there but I haven't been on the site for some time.

• noxcuse, RickyB and shelbyrae like this
Jacky
' It really got me down until I got to thinking, hey, I can't do what I used to do so don't worry about it.....do your best, know you are doing your best and the rest falls into place'

Excerpt from shelbysdad.

#15 shelbyrae

shelbyrae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

Wow. Thank you guys for your responses. I am now in college and I'm not quite sure what made me google my dad, but I'm glad I did. That's a great quote.