Vegan Tofu Lasagne with Spinach Recipe
- 450 grams lasagne noodles
- 2 300 grams packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 450 grams soft tofu
- 450 grams pound firm tofu
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp minced fresh basil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 900 grams jar of tomato sauce
Steps to Make It
- Prepare the lasagne noodles according to package directions.
- Drain carefully and set aside on a towel.
- Pre-heat oven to 176°C
- Squeeze the spinach as dry as possible and set aside.
- Place the tofu, sugar, soymilk, garlic powder, lemon juice, basil, and salt in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Cover the bottom of a 23 cm by 33 cm baking pan with a thin layer of tomato sauce, then a layer of noodles.
- Follow that with a layer of half the tofu and half the spinach.
- Continue in the same order, using half the remaining tomato sauce and noodles and the rest of the tofu mixture and spinach.
- End with the remaining noodles covered by the remaining tomato sauce.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tomato sauce bubbles.